Home

2 Minute Offense....

This is a discussion on 2 Minute Offense.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
2 Minute Offense....

2 minute offense, to put it simply, can be executed in less than a minute due to the refs not spotting the ball in the game and players going to the huddle and having no consequences for doing so. For Madden 11, how about having a short cut scene, similar to the chain measurement one, but have the ball carrier throw the ball to the referee the refs spot the ball then allow the offense to resume. These should take about anywhere from 3 to 7 seconds depending on how close to a hash the player gets tackled near and where the nearest ref is. This would make it so hurry up is more favorable and going to the play call screen is actually slower than hurry up.

Keep in mind the NFL teams almost never huddle under 2 minutes in either half if they're trying to score and the clock is running.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: 2 Minute Offense....

I've had many games come down to the 2 min drill, and I have to purposely extend the drive so the CPU doesn't get the ball back with a minute+ and Madden AI takes over.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Unrelated but related, the accelerated clock NEEDS to run within the last two minutes. Hurry up/2 minute offense virtually do not exist b/c you really do not have to rush (unless of course you have no timeouts).
Old 01-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Agree with everything said. However, the kids will cry and moan about the fact that they can't score in :20 seconds.

They also need to fix the no huddle offense. How about a little hustle from my QB in getting to the LOS.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Agree with everything said. However, the kids will cry and moan about the fact that they can't score in :20 seconds.

They also need to fix the no huddle offense. How about a little hustle from my QB in getting to the LOS.
Your 1st sentence sums it up....Keep the kiddies/arcade and casuals happy 1st and foremost. They dont want to see what you see on sundays...thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I also dont care for my team being completely gassed after i run like 3 or 4 plays. I dont mind some fatigue but these guys are completely dying out there lol. I have to call a TO just to get these guys a break.

I agree with all points above btw.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hate the cut scenes they slow the game down. I'm always pressing the start button to cut it short.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Unrelated but related, the accelerated clock NEEDS to run within the last two minutes. Hurry up/2 minute offense virtually do not exist b/c you really do not have to rush (unless of course you have no timeouts).
I thought this was an option they were thinking about putting in this year but it never happened. Have a toggle off/on for accelerated clock under 2 minutes and let us decide how we want to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »