Home

Has anyone ever suddenly gone from great to horrible in a sports game?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever suddenly gone from great to horrible in a sports game? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Has anyone ever suddenly gone from great to horrible in a sports game?

I've had Madden 10 since the day before it actually came out (NewEgg FTW), and at first, as you'd expect, I was okay, but not great. I played a lot, got a lot better, then at one point, I was basically unstoppable. I don't mean to brag, but I was more or less the 07 Patriots. I was scoring roughly 34 PPG, throwing maybe half an INT per game, and allowing 13 or 14 points. With the Eagles, no less (not that they're a bad team). I was winning games 50-14, 63-0, etc. Blowin cats out left and right without even trying.

Anyways, I went on a 14-game winning streak, and then... something happened. I still don't know what, but all of a sudden I just started to SUCK. Badly. I'll never forget when I played a guy who used Baltimore and must have blitzed 80% of my passing plays. I got sacked 7 times, threw five interceptions and ended up losing 37-3. Ever since then, I haven't won a game. 16-game losing streak. I'm throwing probably 3-4 interceptions per game, scoring around 17 points and probably allowing at least 24. I went from 07 Patriots to 08 Lions in the blink of an eye.

And the best part about is I still can't figure out why. It's not like I went on a long hiatus from the game and then came back to it. I didn't switch teams (I've always used the Eagles), and I don't think my opponents got that much better.

Am I alone here? Has this ever happened to anyone? This is all online, BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Has anyone ever suddenly gone from great to horrible in a sports game?

yes, in my NHL Hitz Pro I had just won the Stanley Cup with the Devils and started a new season with the Flames and couldn't win a game. Consequently, that season has been on pause for a while (I'm a brat, what can I say, a 4-7 record made me quit like a douche).

MLB 16 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 18
Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Never at an entire game but at the FT shooting in nba 2k8 i think, not sure on the year, but anyway, for a while like for 15 straight games I never missed a FT then I just lost my touch and probably made less then 25% over the next like 30 head to head games then got touch back and was back to not missing. I think a lot of it was playing in association mode using the real player FT% option I didn't have to worry about shooting them and just lost my timing but it cost me a couple games.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I've had Madden 10 since the day before it actually came out (NewEgg FTW), and at first, as you'd expect, I was okay, but not great. I played a lot, got a lot better, then at one point, I was basically unstoppable. I don't mean to brag, but I was more or less the 07 Patriots. I was scoring roughly 34 PPG, throwing maybe half an INT per game, and allowing 13 or 14 points. With the Eagles, no less (not that they're a bad team). I was winning games 50-14, 63-0, etc. Blowin cats out left and right without even trying.

Anyways, I went on a 14-game winning streak, and then... something happened. I still don't know what, but all of a sudden I just started to SUCK. Badly. I'll never forget when I played a guy who used Baltimore and must have blitzed 80% of my passing plays. I got sacked 7 times, threw five interceptions and ended up losing 37-3. Ever since then, I haven't won a game. 16-game losing streak. I'm throwing probably 3-4 interceptions per game, scoring around 17 points and probably allowing at least 24. I went from 07 Patriots to 08 Lions in the blink of an eye.

And the best part about is I still can't figure out why. It's not like I went on a long hiatus from the game and then came back to it. I didn't switch teams (I've always used the Eagles), and I don't think my opponents got that much better.

Am I alone here? Has this ever happened to anyone? This is all online, BTW.

A 16 game losing streak? That is harsh. Maybe it's all in your head.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm this way with Wii tennis although its happened on and off twice now. I got to the pro level on two different occasions and fell way down both times. Yeah I lost to the stronger competition but then I would also lose to what were supposed to be really easy opponents.

Also that game is waaayyyyy less complicated than Madden so yes its really lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

these happen to me twice in madden 10. the reason you are losing is because the guy you played was running a nano blitz on you. the nano blitz destroy the timing of your shceme, so if i was in yours shoe, i will change my playbook and team and then after a few game i will go back to my team and playbook.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Yes this happen to me 2... Pretty weird I think it was in my head...
I only played with the Giants and I had a 172-65 (something like that) Record
Went on bad streaks Now i'm 206-109
Change teams and playbooks
And playing with random teams and everything is back to normal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »