Home

How many of you have actually played football?

This is a discussion on How many of you have actually played football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #33
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How many of you have actually played football?

They placed the Franchise tag on my ***

Old 01-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #34
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Then I coached (OC) HS for a couple of years. I'm considering teaching so I can get back to coaching.
I don't think it ever goes away... I don't think there's anything as rewarding as coaching.

I hear people talk about having practice sessions in Madden, and I always say no... you cannot simulate football practice in a video game, it's a waste of time. The game is about Xs and Os, planning and execution, but practice is about people.

Players live for gameday, coaches for practice. Most amazing experience in the world.

I had a chance to play for a Division II school here in the Fargo area, but I had too many issues going on in my life at the time, I needed to work. I would have played Strong Safety.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

The mental aspect of football is the most intriguing part. Knowledge is EVERYTHING in the game of football. If you are an athlete, but don't have knowledge of the game, you will never be truly successful. Coming up with the better game-plan and countering each move that your opponent makes is what, in essence, football is all about!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 5

I was pretty good. My name's Jerry. I won a couple super bowls and hold numerous receiving records.

I have no regrets.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

I started out in 7th grade playing on my school's junior high team. I was kinda a scrawny little kid, under 120 lbs and probably around 5'4" but played some at TE and WR as well as LB and safety. In 8th grade I moved to mostly TE and LB.

As a freshman I played mostly special teams for the varsity squad filling in occasionally through the DB and LB spots or as a reciever. On JV that year I played TE and WR as well as LB.

As a sophmore I had grown up to about 5'10" and around 155lbs so I wasn't huge by any means but atleast could hold my own. Still mainly played special teams on varsity but got more and more time at LB and TE and even a little time at DE. Even got a few sacks here and there on varsity and on JV I played mostly DE while playing some on offense filling in either at TE or anywhere along the line. At first I was rotating time at DE with another kid who was quite a bit bigger than me, around the same height but over 200 lbs, but the second JV game of the year we were rotating out every 4 plays and john was playing first. 1st play from scrimmage the other team went like 70 yards for a TD. We went 3 and out then there next series they scored again in 3 plays. We rotated out and the 1st play I was in I hit the qb while he was throwing and it turned to a pick 6, second play I was out there they ran the other way and we got a stop, 3rd play they ran away again and we got a stop, 4th play I got a sack/strip which we recovered and returned to the 5. We ended up going from down 2 touchdowns in 2 very quick series to the game being called because we were up by more than 45 about mid 3rd quarter with 3 TDs by our defense, 2 blocked punts by our squad, and several other times where we gave the offense a short field. After that our primary defense was set and there was no more rotating.

My junior year I came back much larger and stronger around 6'2" 220 lbs and I started out at DE while rotating in to fill in at spots across the oline and after 4 sacks the first game I had 3 in the first half of the second when right before half time on a kick return as I was getting up to leave the field a kid took a cheap shot and put his shoulder pad into my knee putting it out of place. It actually turns out the femur was cracked right above the knee as well but I didn't find that out for quite a while. I was able to get my knee back in place and went and got it wrapped up and played the second half and even got 2 more sacks and a couple other tackles but throughout the season my knee kept sliding out of place and really slowed me down a lot. After the last game of the year I went to a doctor, found out my femur was cracked and got some idea just how messed up my knee was. He wanted me to have surgery but I refused to do it with basketball coming up. Basketball was always more my thing than football anyway.

Well, I made it through basketball and my knee was pretty much fine so I decided to give it another go. I played some DE but I had lost a lot of my explosiveness and actually ended up playing on the oline almost as much as on the dline. That year due to other injuries I started at a couple spots on the oline as well as everywhere across the dline but was never quite as explosive as I had been before.

Now I still play flag football on occasion and played quite a bit when I was in Iraq but I don't really play any organized football anymore and don't play on any regular basis.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

i scored 6 touchdowns in my last game at polk high

naw, i was a cornerback in high school. that's probably whenever i create myself, that's the position i get. i got one pick in my whole career and broke up a few passes. ran track in the spring with the rest of the secondary (4 x 100).
Old 01-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 15

You guys that played in high school what was your teams base offense? My first year playing our coach introduced us to the wishbone offense we had high hopes for it and really liked it but we ended up going 2-8 and coach got fired which to this day I think is crap. They only gave him one year to turn around a team that literally has sucked for years up until last year they did pretty well. My second and final year playing our new coach decided to go with a run heavy offense which kinda sucked because I was a tight end and didn't touch the ball a whole lot but it was still fun. My final year we went 4-6 one game away from possibly making it to regional, we didn't make it but I wouldn't change a thing about it all the friendships that were built and stuff I still look at all my old teammates as brothers and will always love Brookwood Panther football.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #40
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

i have played flag football for 3 years now. i would play tackle but after tearing my ACL and My MCL in a hockey game, my legs (mostly the left one) can not physically take the wear and tear of tackle football despite the fact that i am a QB. i'll keep playing until i can't play no more i love the sport with a passion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »