Home

How many of you have actually played football?

This is a discussion on How many of you have actually played football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 AM   #65
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: How many of you have actually played football?

Army and the Lions and Packers....not the best of the bunch, but all were great experiences. Especially being a West Point Football player....I'm convinced that there is not a group of young men in the world that work harder. The payoff is tremendous though. The things you learn about teamwork and friendship you can't put a price on.

The NFL was a great experience. The biggest difference is the speed, but also the elite players. Just guys with phenomenal skill (Greg Jennings, Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rogers, etc.). Talent carried people a long way in college, but in the NFL everybody is pretty talented. The skill, preparation, and the way they used their natural ability stood out.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not me.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #67
Rookie

tfin1212's Arena

OVR: 4

I started playin in high school...WR/CB. Played college ball at UT-Martin for 4 years...All-Conference CB. I actually was considered a top NFL prospect until I had some injuries and bad agents. I've got several friends still playin and it used to bother me but now I love to watch NFL and play Madden. I had a free agent deal with the Rams...had injuries...was cut and played in the CFL.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 8

Played pop warner at 12-13 was WR and CB. Then as Junior and Senior in HS. I played HB and LOLB. Just went to a school with a terrible coach. So football career may hav gone down drain seeing as tho i am 23 goin on 24. Max Bench was 275 and Squat was 425, Deadlift was 600 at 17 years old. and im only 5'5 lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played all 4 years in high school started off Offensive and D line then moved to Linebacker/D-line senior year on Defense and Guard on offense. 1st all state as a senior, 540 squat, 335 Clean, 335 Bench. Did not play in college
Old 01-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #70
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

played mlb,ss,and hb for 3 years
Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #71
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

Played DE\DT in highschool for the past 4 years. currently being recruited by 4 juco's in MS (one offer), 4 divsion II schools, and have had Troy contact me about walking on. hoping one day to play as me on NCAA Football lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 42

I played junior ball up to High school. Started off as a MLB, but as my knees went and my, never all that impressive, speed dipped I moved into Nose guard.

Had chances to play small college ball but knew I wasn't blessed enough genetically to do more than that so I just focused on school.

I still love it but at my age and with my hobby...can't risk playing anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »