Home

For Madden 11 Franchise Mode EA needs advanced scouting for teams....

This is a discussion on For Madden 11 Franchise Mode EA needs advanced scouting for teams.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
For Madden 11 Franchise Mode EA needs advanced scouting for teams....

If you think about it during an NFL season Head football coaches spend a lot of time watching film of the upcoming team they will be facing which this is the start of coming up with a game plan.

Coaches will also get information from there scouting department on a teams tendecies on what they like to do at what times and a % of the times they like to do it. Example the jets favorite run play is power where a guard will pull and lead the runner with a full back. This is something I think we should have this information for the upcoming week when we prepare for who we are playing. It wouldn't make games in franchise mode feel the same. Every game would have a different feel to it.

Also I think on the play calling screen during the game there should be a scout option where you could look at a teams tendecies on what they like to do in certain situations like if it was 3rd and 1 how often do a team run playaction or the jets fro example do they normally run the power running play? Something like this will take the play calling to another level instead of just picking a play to stop a run lets pick a play that will stop the power play and blitz in those gaps.

These are just examples of what im talking about and what I would love to see in the game. It would make me prepare for the team I'm playing and scout them and come up with a gameplan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: For Madden 11 Franchise Mode EA needs advanced scouting for teams....

I completely agree. And even if its not something as detailed as what you describe I think its a great idea to bring some freshness to the franchise game mode. Currently every game plays the same and teams have no real tendencies. Adding team tendencies along with a way to scout them and prepare for each upcoming matchup would make the game that much more interesting and a whole lot less stale than it currently is.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

yes i agree! great post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree but more importantly and i'm not sure if you intended to include this but it'd be nice for online play as well. Especially when you're playing against bums who use the same plays over and over
Texas Longhorns!!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

PSP version of Madden already does this n Franchise Mode along with practice rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
PSP version of Madden already does this n Franchise Mode along with practice rosters
I don't understand this. I have read that the PSP has multiple features not included in the next-gen versions. That makes no sense.

If they had each team play to their real tendencies (allow them to change as you advance in a franchise based on drafts and free agency) the idea of scouting would be great. You can adjust coaching sliders to somewhat get teams to play differently but overall the play calling is the same. Before they attempt to add scouting they need to address the AI. Make teams adapt, especially at half time. In the Packers/Cardinals game (I've mentioned this in another thread because, as a Packer fan the loss pissed me off) Mike McCarthy made huge adjustments on offense (I wish Dom Capers did the same thing with the defense) and successfully executed an unexpected onside kick after the first score (which led to a subsequent score). CPU AI is objective number one for Madden to truly be a great game.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnud
I agree but more importantly and i'm not sure if you intended to include this but it'd be nice for online play as well. Especially when you're playing against bums who use the same plays over and over

You know what that would be great when playing an oppenent online I never thought about that.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
I don't understand this. I have read that the PSP has multiple features not included in the next-gen versions. That makes no sense.

If they had each team play to their real tendencies (allow them to change as you advance in a franchise based on drafts and free agency) the idea of scouting would be great. You can adjust coaching sliders to somewhat get teams to play differently but overall the play calling is the same. Before they attempt to add scouting they need to address the AI. Make teams adapt, especially at half time. In the Packers/Cardinals game (I've mentioned this in another thread because, as a Packer fan the loss pissed me off) Mike McCarthy made huge adjustments on offense (I wish Dom Capers did the same thing with the defense) and successfully executed an unexpected onside kick after the first score (which led to a subsequent score). CPU AI is objective number one for Madden to truly be a great game.

I couldn't agrre more with this. One other thing I was thinking that could counter this advanced scouting is when teams prepare for the upcoming week they add new wrinkles to there plays. We would need to have the create a play feature back whcih I don;t know how many people is asking for it. But for example week 1 you playing a divisonal oppenent and you ran weak I toss to the left lets say 15 % f your run's. Well if they added the create a play feature you could playaction the toss left and run a bubble screen to your z reciever. I watched how the cowboys adjusted to there gameplan from week 17 to the playoff game when they played the eagles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »