Home

Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode.

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode.

Wow , how quickly things change. I still like the game mode, but online has gone from great competitive gams to an all out cheese fest. It's EA's fault for putting up the special player cards. Now every team I play has Harvin at WR and everyone just scrambles way out to the right or left until the A.I. coverage breaks down, then they hit the speedser Harvin for the big gain. To bad, well like all that is Madden football, it was fun for a week.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Wow , how quickly things change. I still like the game mode, but online has gone from great competitive gams to an all out cheese fest. It's EA's fault for putting up the special player cards. Now every team I play has Harvin at WR and everyone just scrambles way out to the right or left until the A.I. coverage breaks down, then they hit the speedser Harvin for the big gain. To bad, well like all that is Madden football, it was fun for a week.
The real problem is that cheese is rewarded with bigger coin winnings. They really need to fix how we are matched up against players. 2K8's system was not perfect, but it was nice to see if a guy had gotten a lot of bad ratings, or quit a lot before accepting a challenge. In this, we blindly play whoever EA tells us to.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

well that answers my question, just another mode in the menu i'll never open. i can't believe people would spend all that money to stack a team and cheese when they can just pick the saints and do it for free...oh wait...no, i can believe it.

fun!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I actually really like the game mode. It certainly has limits but I commend EA for putting out a free game mode. I think we all (hopefully) realize that this just the Beta version for next year.

I don't know how much longer I'll play it this year, a month or so I guess, but it's got me looking forward to next year's more polished version.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #21
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I was liking the mode until I took my 4-1 72 overall team against a team that said it was 78 overall. Come to find out the guy had a team of gazelles. I got ran out the game. I don't know how a team with Harvin, Freeney, Polamulu, Ware, and a bunch of other studs was only a 78. Then he had Pat White and Wolfe in the back field. He had no skill just plenty of cheese. I think that closed out the mode for me as I am sure that will be 90% of team builds.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
I actually really like the game mode. It certainly has limits but I commend EA for putting out a free game mode. I think we all (hopefully) realize that this just the Beta version for next year.

I don't know how much longer I'll play it this year, a month or so I guess, but it's got me looking forward to next year's more polished version.
I will definitely be looking forward to a new version. I think I am done with this one. the head-to-head is full of too many asshats to make it fun anymore. There are a few things they can do to improve this, but number one is making this a way to play with friends. It is pretty much useless against the random pubtards.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I was liking the mode until I took my 4-1 72 overall team against a team that said it was 78 overall. Come to find out the guy had a team of gazelles. I got ran out the game. I don't know how a team with Harvin, Freeney, Polamulu, Ware, and a bunch of other studs was only a 78. Then he had Pat White and Wolfe in the back field. He had no skill just plenty of cheese. I think that closed out the mode for me as I am sure that will be 90% of team builds.
And its getting harder and harder to find teams in the 60s to 80s to play. and now, when you do, it's still cheesers and glitchers. They don't punt, they OS kick every time, and worse, it nets them more coins to play this way.

One other thing I have an issue with is guys not understanding why one team really does need to where white. Last night, as I always do now, I let the other guy choose a uniform, and then pick the opposite. The pubtard I got last night chose white, and then, after I hit ready in my Bills Blue, he switched to to the bears Blue and quickly hit ready. The turd did it on purpose!

And of course you have to play the game, because you players are getting charged a game. I can't continue in a mode that forces you to play on against stupid kids. I hope EA improves it, but MUT is unplayable in its current state.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #24
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Seems like the single-biggest complaint about the mode is not anything really to do with Ultimate Team, rather the people who play it online and are, hence, your opponent.

I'm not an online player, nor am I highly-skilled on the sticks, so my first impression is strongly positive. I'm not going to put money into it. There are some things I wish it had that would make it even more interesting, of course, but as it stands, it's rare for a sports game to get my attention on something other than the career/legacy/dynasty mode, and Ultimate Team has actually accomplished that.

Hence, nice work to the EA team for this one. I hope you continue to tweak it. It's a terrific idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »