Home

Special Teams Blocking Question

This is a discussion on Special Teams Blocking Question within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13
Special Teams Blocking Question

I'm having a weird situation on KR. I've got a RB as the primary returner and two FB's at the next two spots under him on the depth chart (for blocking). But when I go to returns, it puts the FBs as blockers (elsewhere on the field) and puts a WR in, the fourth guy down on the depth chart. I really rely on that first block and having a poor blocking WR isn't cutting it. How can I fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Special Teams Blocking Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I'm having a weird situation on KR. I've got a RB as the primary returner and two FB's at the next two spots under him on the depth chart (for blocking). But when I go to returns, it puts the FBs as blockers (elsewhere on the field) and puts a WR in, the fourth guy down on the depth chart. I really rely on that first block and having a poor blocking WR isn't cutting it. How can I fix this?
perhaps youve gone to formation subs and put the FBs at other spots...therefore, these assignments take precedence over the depth chart.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
perhaps youve gone to formation subs and put the FBs at other spots...therefore, these assignments take precedence over the depth chart.
i thought that at first, but i haven't used formation subs at all in this franchise. i know it can make things wonky so i didn't do it. in year one of the chise, my starting fb (and the only one on the roster) was the lead blocker on kick returns. then in the offseason, i drafted another fb late specifically for kick returns, but now neither of them will line up in front of my returner.

anyone else have any idea what's going on? it's not a huge issue, but i enjoy kick returning and it always pisses me off when i see a lane and it's closed because my lead blocker is a wr and totally wifs on his man.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

FBs are on the KOR team as one of the four people in front of the returners. I think by changing 2-4 or whatever under FB to backup TEs and the backup TEs as tackles (DT and OT). Or it was maybe they're all TEs. Try it both ways with changing the backups to TE and FB.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, there are predetermined positions that will be on all special teams plays. For instance, on kickoff coverage, the backup MLB and ROLB will always be there.

The FBs are part of the return team, so that predetermined position probably takes precedence over their depth chart spot as a backup return guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »