Home

Madden Call of the Week- Wildcard Edition

This is a discussion on Madden Call of the Week- Wildcard Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Madden Call of the Week- Wildcard Edition

In this weeks "Madden Call of the Week" I decided to capture four videos, one for every playoff game this weekend. I captured Sanchez hooking up with Keller for a 45 yard touchdown against the Bengals. Also I captured Jones running for a 73 yard touchdown against the Eagles. As well as the Ray Rice touchdown on the first play of the game against the Patriots. Finally, I captured the last play of the Cardinals vs Packers game.

I realize these are not an exactly representation of the real play, but I tried to get as close as possible using Madden 10. Click "read more" to see all four videos!

Last edited by Kevin26385; 01-10-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Call of the Week- Wildcard Edition

Nice work on these.... but with that said, these only make me realize how far away Madden is from a photo realistic experience.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Nice work on these.... but with that said, these only make me realize how far away Madden is from a photo realistic experience.
Thanks, and hopefully we will eventually reach a day where it comes close to the real thing.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

very nice work. this also makes me realize how far away commentary is from even coming close to being decent.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The first clip shows one major thing that is wrong with Madden. When you can take the snap and immediately run backward with the QB and just chuck the ball off your back foot for a completion is just plain crap.

Yes I've seen it in the NFL but more often then not the ball either hits the ground or is picked off. Rarely, if ever, does it end up going for a completion and 6 points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The first clip shows one major thing that is wrong with Madden. When you can take the snap and immediately run backward with the QB and just chuck the ball off your back foot for a completion is just plain crap.

Yes I've seen it in the NFL but more often then not the ball either hits the ground or is picked off. Rarely, if ever, does it end up going for a completion and 6 points
I do play on a lower difficulty level so I can make the video clips in a timely matter, just so you know!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I saw these a few hours ago on Ian's twitter page. I was amazed at how much those calls breathed life into the game!! This is an example of how spicing up the commentary in the game can take it to the next level. Maybe Ian can pull a rabbit out of his hat and get this in Madden 11.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
I saw these a few hours ago on Ian's twitter page. I was amazed at how much those calls breathed life into the game!! This is an example of how spicing up the commentary in the game can take it to the next level. Maybe Ian can pull a rabbit out of his hat and get this in Madden 11.
I can only imagine if it was the teams radio announcers. The reason I do the regular broadcast announcers is because it is easier to find and everyone has probably heard them before.

At least in Chicago, I would much rather listen to Thayer and Joniak then any tv announcing crew.

I wouldn't be opposed to EA trying to go out of the box and getting a couple of different "Radio announcers" to call for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »