Home

Salary Cap for Offline Franchise

This is a discussion on Salary Cap for Offline Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Salary Cap for Offline Franchise

Do you guys play with the salary cap on or off? I like to play with it on but it seems like you cant afford draft picks after a couple years.

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Salary Cap for Offline Franchise

Much more realistic/challenging to have it on. Otherwise, you can just offer free agents as much money as you want to sign them. Here's a few things I do to stay under the cap:

1) Make sure a player is playing up to their contract. If they are underperforming compared to how much they are being paid, try to either restructure their contract or trade/release them.

2) Only re-sign the important players. If a player is replaceable or is asking for too much money, let them enter free agency and sign/draft a cheaper replacement. Much like the Colts in real life.

3) Don't overdo the first round picks. First rounders, top ten especially, are very expensive and having too many could hurt you.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, i play with salary cap on, as well. It's a great way to figure out which positions are worth shelling out the big bucks for. After a couple good seasons, CBs tend to ask for a crapload of cash so I will typically release/trade all but my #1 corner, filling the void with younger talent in the later rounds of the draft. 2-4 Rd draft picks can be GREAT steals. You can sign them to 5 year deals for relatively little money and a lot of them are as good or better than the first rounders. Just be smart with how you scout.

Oh, and packabacka19, I'm SoC Class of 2009! Go 'Cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by packabacka19
Teams: Green Bay Packers and Northwestern Wildcats
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
Yeah, i play with salary cap on, as well. It's a great way to figure out which positions are worth shelling out the big bucks for. After a couple good seasons, CBs tend to ask for a crapload of cash so I will typically release/trade all but my #1 corner, filling the void with younger talent in the later rounds of the draft. 2-4 Rd draft picks can be GREAT steals. You can sign them to 5 year deals for relatively little money and a lot of them are as good or better than the first rounders. Just be smart with how you scout.

Oh, and packabacka19, I'm SoC Class of 2009! Go 'Cats!
Nice!!! My parents graduated in '83 or '84.

Also nice to see you're a Packer fan!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Salary Cap for Offline Franchise

That's awesome you guys play with your salary caps on on Madden 13 offline!

But here's the catch! I don't want the caps! Isn't that crazy? Can anyone tell me how to disable salary caps for offline PS3 Madden 13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

i dont play with cap on. well sometimes i do but usually i dont. sometimes i wanna do a season with players that i want.

but cap is really fun to play with on. especially if you start out with a team that doesnt have much cap room
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinosf
That's awesome you guys play with your salary caps on on Madden 13 offline!

But here's the catch! I don't want the caps! Isn't that crazy? Can anyone tell me how to disable salary caps for offline PS3 Madden 13?
LOL @ bumping up almost a 3 year old thread.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I trade picks to limit how many I sign. I usually keep 2-3 rookies a season. Don't go into FA bidding on every one with a high overall. If you're just looking for depth and backups, sign the least expensive. You don't need Freddy Kruger, rated 79 LG as your backup. And resign starters only. If you can't find a better replacement for backup, you can always bid on that guy in FA. Each year, I have between 13-30m CAP for the Saints. Also check the players interest in resigning with your team. If its high, you can usually give them a lesser salary than they're asking for. I resigned a FA I got during the season and his preferred salary was 1.27m but his interest was high so I offered 1.20 and he accepted. Every little bit counts.

I don't think it's more difficult than Madden 12, it's just differently laid out. Check the players before resigning. For example Drew Brees asks for a contract negotiation even though he's in a 5 year contract. Just because you end negotiations doesn't mean you lose the player.

And when cutting players, make sure the penalty (if there is one) is no greater than the free cap you're aqquiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »