Home

Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale!

This is a discussion on Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden 11 needs to bring back Morale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
If I throw for 55 TDs and no picks with a C rated QB, then proceed to put him on the trade block, no one wants him. There's something wrong with that. Guys that show greater value on the field don't do anything in other respects.

We're not bitching. They're legitimate issues.
well said.

i don't think a lot of people who think of it as bitching consider the trade value.
Thats not the only reason. potential should change and ratings should reflect the type of season(s) a player had.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
potential should change and ratings should reflect the type of season(s) a player had.
I see it the other way - a player should get better at playing football and then his production goes up.

Production doesn't go up, then the player gets better at playing football. A QB doesn't get better by throwing for a lot of yards. Throwing for a lot of yards is a sign the the QB is good.

To me, progression based on stats is backwards. Progression should be based on potential (hidden or whatever) and developing a player's skills so that he can perform better on the game field due to his work on the practice field, film room, weight room, etc.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Morale would be a great thing to bring back, couple that with team chemistry and building a team just became that much more difficult. Even throw in player/coach issues (Marshall and McDaniels), force you to choose between the two.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I see it the other way - a player should get better at playing football and then his production goes up.

Production doesn't go up, then the player gets better at playing football. A QB doesn't get better by throwing for a lot of yards. Throwing for a lot of yards is a sign the the QB is good.

To me, progression based on stats is backwards. Progression should be based on potential (hidden or whatever) and developing a player's skills so that he can perform better on the game field due to his work on the practice field, film room, weight room, etc.
i like this idea in theory, but i don't think it can work in madden. look at mark sanchez. i'm not sure his pot. in madden, but in real life, it must be through the roof. afc championship the first season he's there. sure he's sturggled and had an awesome defense, but who cares. he's played good enough. so next year in madden, he gets an A potential. undoubtedly. why? because of his performance on the field. before he came in it may have been a c or a b. look at guys like johnny knox of the bears, fred davis of the skins - guys who were unknowns with low potential ratings, come into games, play well, and suddenly 'oh, they've got great potential!' what?! the whole idea of madden 'predicting' a players potential and limiting their madden character because of that is ridiculous to me. they've got no idea. they are completely off in left field in so many cases it's not even funny. and they base it off what? where they were selected in the draft? 40 times? what?

sorry. rant there. i hate the entire idea of potential, whether it's always been there or not. i hate it. if i take a running back with 40 overall, put it on rookie, score 10 TDs per game all season, he should improve. it's that simple. is that fun for me? hell no, that's stupid. could it be for some people? sure. the point is, limiting a persons gaming experience based on some generic 'potential' rating thought up by the EA brain trust is ludicrous.

oh, and.. yeah morale is cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »