Home

The "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Little Things" Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The "Little Things" Thread

We normally have one of these for games that do a bunch of "little things" that make the game more exciting, more realistic, and just more fun. In years past, Madden didn't really have an extensive "little things" thread to be proud of.

This year, I feel things may be different.

The first little thing I will post:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore (me). 15 minute quarters, 25 second accelerated clock. 4:42 left in the fourth, game is tied 6-6. Pittsuburgh is driving. 3rd and 10 on my 44, I send a blitz. Limas Sweed runs by Foxworth (Sweed is on the outside because Ward is lined up in the slot, by design).

Sweed is in the back of the end zone with Reed closing. The ball comes down, Sweed catches it, puts one foot down and LOOKS to drag the other foot close to the line. In Madden 09, I would just see the result as "touchdown" or "4th and 10".

I got a cut scene of Reed and Sweed jawing at the ref on the back line of the end zone. I saw the ref start to put his arms to his chest. He signaled - no catch.

I literally jumped off of my couch. THAT is one of the major things, for me, Madden was missing. THAT is suspense.

That is my little thing.

PS: Madden 09, Ravens/Steelers is a 20-30 point per team game. This game, complete with 15 minute quarters - I lost, 9-6.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: The "Little Things" Thread

Quick juke is back...I believe you have to have a player with a high elusive rating and while running you have to make hit the L stick quickly to the left or right for a quick juke. I've been begging for this since last gen!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

I was wondering if Madden was worthy of one of these threads this year! It's always my favorite thread in the Show's forum.

Do you think this year's Madden is on par with The Show's presentation and collection of "little things", or does it still have a ways to go?
Old 08-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I was wondering if Madden was worthy of one of these threads this year! It's always my favorite thread in the Show's forum.

Do you think this year's Madden is on par with The Show's presentation and collection of "little things", or does it still have a ways to go?
Too early to tell. MLB 09, in my eyes, is the standard bearer, though, so we'll know soon.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Thats a game I would not mind to lose. Can you answer this for me? You are playing with 15 min. qtrs. and 25 Accel. how long was the game? And did you still get realistic stats on offense and defense.

To stay on topic. Did you save a highlight of this?

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Guys - this is the little things thread. Please keep questions to the Impressions Thread.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I was watching PastaPadre's Texans vs. Vikings video and after Jared Allen got a sack he did he "cattle rope" celebration. Straight awesome!!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26

Maybe They Should Bring Back "Cheerleaders" Or More Important Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders! SEXYTIME!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »