Home

Am I doing something wrong in my pass protection/QB play, or is it my offensive line?

This is a discussion on Am I doing something wrong in my pass protection/QB play, or is it my offensive line? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Am I doing something wrong in my pass protection/QB play, or is it my offensive line?

As far as I know, IRL, the Eagles have one of the best pass-protecting offensive lines in the NFL. McNabb got sacked 35 times is the year, which I guess you could say is a lot (probably at least above average), but generally, he gets good protection (the year before, he only got sacked 23 times).

But when I play online, it seems like I have little time to throw the ball. I know I'm not supposed to have a lot of time, but it seems like I'm getting significantly less than I'm used to in Madden 10.

I usually send an extra blocker roughly half the time, maybe more if the other person likes to blitz or if my offensive line can't contain his pass rush. A lot of times though, it seems like, more often than not, I have more blockers than pass rushers, and I still find myself under pressure.

Is it the Eagles' offensive line or is it me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Am I doing something wrong in my pass protection/QB play, or is it my offensive l

It's you.

The Eagles' offensive line is one of the best in Madden.

The ball is supposed to come out quick on blitzes. If you don't have it out within 2-3 seconds of the snap, you're calling the wrong plays.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-19-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Am I doing something wrong in my pass protection/QB play, or is it my offensive l

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
As far as I know, IRL, the Eagles have one of the best pass-protecting offensive lines in the NFL. McNabb got sacked 35 times is the year, which I guess you could say is a lot (probably at least above average), but generally, he gets good protection (the year before, he only got sacked 23 times).

But when I play online, it seems like I have little time to throw the ball. I know I'm not supposed to have a lot of time, but it seems like I'm getting significantly less than I'm used to in Madden 10.

I usually send an extra blocker roughly half the time, maybe more if the other person likes to blitz or if my offensive line can't contain his pass rush. A lot of times though, it seems like, more often than not, I have more blockers than pass rushers, and I still find myself under pressure.

Is it the Eagles' offensive line or is it me?
In bold print is the issue. Use your OLine slide protections, keep backs in if you need to, and use slants and drags, screens, sometimes toss plays, etc......

youll see a lot of blitzing and not a lot of thought in many(not all) online opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »