Home

How many of you have actually played football?

This is a discussion on How many of you have actually played football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 15
How many of you have actually played football?

I don't know if this is a good forum for this thread but I just wanted to know how many of you guys actually played football or are still playing now. I'll start off by saying I played 2 years in high school started off as a right tackle which I loved and then finished as a tight end which I really enjoyed too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How many of you have actually played football?

*raises hand*

Played SLB and Slot Receiver.

Almost severed my achilles in sophomore year of high school so I couldn't play anymore in high school.

Now I play flag football every weekend and I pass rush exclusively.

It is a physical flag league w/ an offensive line and every week I have the center another OL and a hb chip me. I only weigh 200 lbs now... I just like to look at it as me venting my frustration for a bicycle destroying my high school career.

Plus it feels good to be the emotional leader of your team no matter what the level of play.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Pro

That's awesome bro, I still try to play any chance I get too but it's nothing big just like a 5 on 5 or so every now and then. I miss playing on a team still from time to time but I am glad I did at least get to start both years.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

I played 4 years in high school. Played TE/LB my fresh and soph years, and only played linebacker my junior and senior years...played on every special team my junior and senior yrs as well. Only was 6'1, 195 then , now up to 6'3, 230, (27 yrs old) ....ahh if only i was bigger then lol

Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
Pro

That's awesome man, I was 5'10 about 220 when I played right tackle and I was 5'10 somewhere between 205 and 210 when I played tight end. I am now 21 5'10 between 230 and 240 not in shape like I used to be but I'm not terribly out of shape either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am the youngest of 5 brothers. All my brothers played, with two of my brothers playing college football. My parents wouldn't allow me to play in part because of a back injury I had when I was 7 or so. On the x-ray they noticed that I had a bent or broken vertebrae and were concerned that if I got hit in the right spot it would paralyze me.

That being said, I follow football more than any of my brothers and probably know about the game than any of them, but I had to settle for playing basketball, although my body was built for football.

Funny thing is, though, we played tackle football all the time and I was allowed to do so.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

I played football, organized, since I was 11 and I played 4 years in high school. But for some reason I decided to join the Air Force and quit playing.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I played from 13 on. Mostly WR, but in high school I went both ways playing FS on defense. I was also on all of the special teams. Back then I was 6'3" 185 pounds but hit like a mofo. Anyways, I'm not trying to brag, I wasn't all that good, my high school just had a crappy team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »