Home

What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

This is a discussion on What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog

and lastly (and to me most importantly) imported draft classes have become an absolute joke.
let abilities in NCAA mean something when imported. if a guy is fast, he should still be fast when drafted. it appears that EA isn't gonna get this right so please allow us to edit draft classes pre AND post draft. (didn't I once hear "it's your game, do whatever the hell you want with it" ?) I want accurate, realistic draft classes with the guys that are really gonna be drafted early in the draft and so on.
so true... like cj spiller is like 97 speed in ncaa but in madden come out an 84 speed... WTF Madden
Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

in no particular order

-bring back the ps2/xbox training camp games
-owner mode
-fix the 3-4
-better depth charts
-Complete Online Franchise
-More challenging kicking game (kinda like back when NCAA had the ice the kicker feature)
-better/easier sub packages that are unique to teams
-fix Oline Dline interaction/blocking
-make stamina carry throughout the game
-continue to refine the ratings system. A punter playing OLine shouldn't be able to pancake Freeney.

with that said this is my list to make the game great. Not necessarily successful.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ

- In depth Franchise mode. I'd love to get something comparative to what Head Coach 09 had. I am a franchise gamer only, and I think the current franchise is simply unplayable.
This is all I really want.
- How about practice squads.

- more than 250 players in Free Agency

- working Injured Reserve

- contract incentives (Run for 1200+ yards and get more money, etc.)

- toned down running stats (AP just got 2700 yards and 32 TDs in the 2010 Season on my Franchise)

- a working owner mode, with a reason to buy 'cup holders'

.....and the only thing I want that isn't in the game at all....

Start as a Coordinator and rise through the ranks to become a head coach/gm/president of a team. I think that would add a certain about of longevity and reason to keep playing a Franchise Mode.

If I knew that none of the personnel decisions would be available until I earned them, I would be in Franchise Mode Heaven... BTW, that would mean more than 30 seasons, hopefully
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I don't want much more than this. I love my OF and really enjoy M10 on the whole. The game is very well tuned from my perspective and is an absolute blast now that you can play with 31 other friends. I don't think I'll ever play another offline franchise or season game so long as this mode is available.

I would love the following additions:
--better ball trajectory
--route-based passing
--decreased range for defenders in zones
--increased risk of whiffing/less tractor beaming on hit sticks
--a more stable and more robust OF site
--the ability to export your OF team to practice mode and unranked matches without having to create it in the cumbersome custom teams menu.

Even with the above aspects of the game being less than what I'd like, I'm still amazed at how much fun this game can be.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

competition....
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
competition....
Quote of the Day right here. Right on.

At least BackBreaker is coming out. I wonder if their 'innovation' is something to compete with BackBreaker's random tackles? Wouldn't that be ironic?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Quote of the Day right here. Right on.

At least BackBreaker is coming out. I wonder if their 'innovation' is something to compete with BackBreaker's random tackles? Wouldn't that be ironic?
Irony isn't what I would call it.

Forced copying of innovation from another company is what I would call that.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 12

For Madden 11 to be successful in my eyes, it's going to have to play like a current gen game. Aside from graphics, there's nothing that distinguishes Madden 10 for the 360 and PS3 from the PS2 version. In fact, to this day, you can still do more thing in versions of the madden from last gen consoles. That's simply not acceptable in my opinion.

The franchise mode needs depth. We need a lot of the modes and features that were in Head Coach 09. Extended rosters in the off-season and preseason, a working IR feature and ratings that matter. Quite frankly, the game is pointless if player attributes have a minimal effect on player performance.

Madden 11 is still going to have an animation based system. So, PLEASE ADD MORE ANIMATIONS. The game is entirely too repetitive.

The AI also needs work, a whole lot of it. The CPU doesn't adjust like it should. To increase the difficulty level, the CPU simply cheats.

In game saves, the ability to create playbooks as well as the ability to substitute by formation IN THE PAUSE MENU needs ship with Madden 11, no excuses.

Last edited by Tito78; 01-31-2010 at 10:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »