Home

What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

This is a discussion on What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 03:24 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

As far as gameplay is concerned they need to adjust the 3-4 defense. They have to fix the way the OL has to double team the NT and sometimes the DEs.
OL has to be adjusted. The dev team got ahead of themselves creating a pocket and allowed A and B gap pressure to dominate the game.
Additions: For those who play with there DE or rush LBs the game should add the ability to set up spin moves, club moves, shoulder dips, etc... If you continuously are trying to bullrush the OT and then suddenly use a dip move it should catch the OT off guard unless of course hes a good OT.
Receivers need to sit in between zones if they have high enough awareness and route running. To many times receivers run right through the soft spots in zones instead of sitting there and catching an easy pass.
Zone blocking needs to just be completely re done. Its awful. Flat out terrible.
They needs to fix the stiff arm. We can currently only stiff arm the player in front of us but not along the sides like it used to be in old madden games.
The fade game needs to be adjusted. If the player can identify the mismatch ahead of time they should be able to exploit. For instance if you see Fitzgerald one on one against Tillman and read the man to man coverage ahead of time the fade should be an easy completion. If you read wrong and its zone it should be a pick. The fade is one of the most popular red zone routes in the NFL. Its useless in madden.
Identifying the blitz before the snap would be huge. It adds another side of the game we havent seen. If you identify the rusher ahead of time the line will be more likely to pick him up. If you identify wrong the real blitzer will have an easier shot at the QB. Of course the player has the option to avoid this all together and avoid the risk or if he doesnt read a blitz.
checkdowns should be added. If you set a back to block and your in a jam you should still be able to throw a dump pass to him of course it would have to be a slow dump pass to avoid players from abusing it and of course the back needs receiving skills as well.
Online Franchise:
Stop restricting players from playing games. Give the players a schedule but allow them to play whenever they want to. Currently we can only advance the week once a day. This would allow players to get through games more quickly
Update online franchise rosters. It gets boring after the 3rd draft. Everythings the same old.
Salary cap. Its not a franchise without a cap. Free agency goes along with this. Their should be a free agency period where players bid on players until they reach a deal that cant be refused or the FA period ends.
Scouting draft prospects and not revealing their overalls during the draft. Its just not right showing the overalls and ratings without some sort of scouting process.
Practice or exhibition mode so players can test there team without having to create a fantasy team which is time consuming.
Extra Point would be so fun with online franchise to see who got spanked, see highlights, stats, and more. It would be so interesting.

Thats about it for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #66
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
My main issue is the very poor running animations. It really kills a lot of the look of Madden. I also don't like how the defense doesn't adapt to running the same play over and over again...they really have to fix that. They say every year they have but every year they don't. And finally, I'd like to see more in-game cinematic events. Not cut scenes but in-game cinematics where you see events happening related to the game without a specific cutaway. And lastly, I'd like to see much better ball physics as this is something that has not improved in...well forever..
I'm surprised more people don't bring this up. I hate the running animations of madden 10. They look terrible. I really hope they fix them and make them more life like and less robotic.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden 10 was fine. They need to re-do the commentary from scratch without Tom Hammond and up the presentation to the level of [the game that shall never be spoken] and they should be fine.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 19

Completely new engine.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #69
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
Madden 10 was fine. They need to re-do the commentary from scratch without Tom Hammond and up the presentation to the level of [the game that shall never be spoken] and they should be fine.
*vomits and poops at the same time*

WHAT?!?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 20

Really the biggest thing madden can hope for is backbreaker to flop because with madden being the only option out there success isn't that tough to attain. if there is competition they are going to lose more sales than they will lose on their own continuing to pump out a sub par product
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #71
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
*vomits and poops at the same time*

WHAT?!?

hey i've done that before its not that pleasant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 3

i think the a.i. on defense needs to be way better sometimes the db's will be in the area of the ball and not even make a attempt to catch or block the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »