Home

Madden Ultimate Team Alternate Take

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team Alternate Take within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden Ultimate Team Alternate Take

Like many of the features added to current-gen Madden, Ultimate Team is a mode that performs much better in press clippings than it does on the playing field.

While the idea of building a fantasy team of your favorite NFL players is sound, Ultimate Team's execution is poor enough to make even JaMarcus "Mr. Indifferent" Russell blush.

Read More - Madden Ultimate Team Disappointing
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Wow. This article seems to contradict the review on the same website.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
I know right. Bottom line though there is much truth to the article. I thought it was a great Idea until I put a few hours into it and was like ok now what? I remember day 2 people had these killer teams already. Great idea but to many holes. I will not fork over my hard earned cash to rent out football players.

Nice try EA but Hells to the no on this . :-)
Old 01-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden Ultimate Team Alternate Take

I like Ultimate team. Yes I bought a few card packs to build a fairly decent team. I had was given a 1600 MS point card as a gift and I had 400 MS Points left over from buying cars for Forza 3, so I figured what the heck, let's take some of these points and buy some card packs. Also my business is slow this time of year so I can literally spend all day playing games against the CPU, laying a beat down on it and cashing in on 670 points a game. After spending a few days playing the CPU, I took my pot of coins and headed for the Auction block. I have built a solid team rated a 92 over all with a chemistry of 57.

I am finding online to be ok. Yes I've had a few games against cheese ballers but for the most part my opponents have been good players and played like they do in the NFL.

Could this game mode be improved? Most definitely, but it can also be fun as is if you have the time to spend or a few extra MS point laying around.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55
Atta boy Jayson! You and I want very similar features and characteristics out of our football games. The first thing I looked for when I downloaded this feature was to play my friends. There's an option to buy coins at every single screen, but no options to simply play a friend... yet they can compile a friends only leaderboard? Why friends only? What if my friends hate the mode too because of it's ridiculous pitfalls?

This mode was made for spoiled 12 year olds to suck money from the pockets of their parents. Sad thing is, those legend cards burn out after around games....

Enjoy..... NOT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Wurd! Good article. I would have some value out of this if I could play friends. Instead I am stuck to facing a 12 year old brat that plays like a donkey. This would of been a great mode for APF. Leagues where cards are divided between users with contracts would be brilliant fun.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
If they had just added the ability to play friends and put limits on how many high-tier players you can have (like All Pro Football does) then this game would have been pretty fun.

Instead it's just something you download once and delete after a game or two.

I just don't feel like much thought went into the design of this thing other than "How can we get more money out of the Madden fanbase?"
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #8
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I think I am just facing the facts the gaming and sports gaming is a big business now. Corporate America has become too worried about cost-benefits. What software can I provide at the lowest cost to make the most money. The bottom line is at the end of the day the only thing the machine is worried about is meeting the bottom line and making shareholders happy. Too bad for the developers and programmers who are out there working their butt off everyday are probably undermanned but still trying to make the best games they can with the resources given under corporate guildlines. Gaming is Hollywood now, the good old days where a couple of geeks could slap together a great game on a shoe string budget for the fun of it are gone forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »