Home

Developer Interaction for Madden 11

This is a discussion on Developer Interaction for Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Developer Interaction for Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
but once again its not our job nor our responsibilty to determine who or what it should be. would i keep people under me accountable yes I would. Its not my place nor yours or anybody else to say he or she didn't do their job. I get that there was things wrong with the game, but for what was wrong there was also alot of positive things also. Also that group had time to get it wrong also before they got it right.it took about four installment before we got 05 which many consider the best madden ever.
hova57 there was huge improvement in the 2000-05 in between installment where not crap, as we get now.They change gen's back then and they didn't lose a step.The PS2 verison we have are better then the new gen.(I like PS2 verison of this gen of games.But I have played the PS2 of 10 yet so I can't comment on that but I played 10 on PS3 didn't like it.)
Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
hova57 there was huge improvement in the 2000-05 in between installment where not crap, as we get now.They change gen's back then and they didn't lose a step.The PS2 verison we have are better then the new gen.(I like PS2 verison of this gen of games.But I have played the PS2 of 10 yet so I can't comment on that but I played 10 on PS3 didn't like it.)
acutally the presentation from ps1 and ps2 loss a step especially 97 where you had madden talk about points of the game. he discussed the weather among other things. overall I think you sig says it all
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 55

Developer interaction on here had me the most excited for a video game in my adult years. It made the anticipation barely bearable. I looked forward to every weekly blog and discussion of new mechanics.

Our outward discussion of what made things great/suck really helped these guys direct their efforts IMO. Imagine if the Madden Ultimate Team developers spent 2 months on here getting our opinions and pulse on the game. We would've definitely had friend v friend modes and possibly a talent CAP and therefore a better game. Instead, they dropped an empty shell of "could be fun" on us.

Madden 10 has been really good to me. I really enjoy the fact that it's harder to cheese and succeed in this game. It's definitely a step in the right direction. I hope to get some interaction here coming up after the Super Bowl from EA. They will probably post stuff in here right around when BB releases to kill their momentum

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

You can call a real game of football and play true to X & O's and it will resemble a real game of football REALLY close.
Like I been saying in somebody blog for Madden11 and 2k they both need to remove the presnap camraviews (i.e. picking out missmatchs and if coners are in bump and run.)and seeing the whole field view on pass plays.That one reason why zone defense get pick apart in madden because of the camraviews and that's why people think madden and 2k has X's and O"s.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
the companies that have a yearly release should put up a public list of identified bugs and/or features that are being worked on based on consumer feedback. That way, when people do complain (which they will) Ian, or the company rep can point them to a link and say 'we're on it', or 'we are aware of it, but it's not yet prioritized'. That way their customer's feel like they have been heard

This is a great idea! I have an entire wishlist of constructive improvements put together, but nowhere to effectively share it. There's plenty of wishlist threads here, and everywhere madden-related, but it just feels like it would get lost in the mix...

It would be soooo nice if EA acknowledged they are aware of the desire for custom plays & playbooks, or in-game saves, just for example.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Ian the head guy for 10 right?He should check the work of his workers.( like the animation department) They made a game thats better then 09 wow,If your going to use that as a steppingstone then were in trouble.Like I said he was on the staff for 04, 05 he should know how to make a game.
I really don't care if rin tin tin was on the staff of 04 or 05. It's a different ballgame working on a game vs being one of the lead persons.

Please, don't pretend to know what a lead person does producing a video game.

Madden 10 was a step in the right direction. It's not perfect, but I'm still playing it.

Are you telling me there was no difference between 09 and 10? I don't know even if you played 09, but regardless, your agenda is clear.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really don't care if rin tin tin was on the staff of 04 or 05. It's a different ballgame working on a game vs being one of the lead persons.

Please, don't pretend to know what a lead person does producing a video game.

Madden 10 was a step in the right direction. It's not perfect, but I'm still playing it.

Are you telling me there was no difference between 09 and 10? I don't know even if you played 09, but regardless, your agenda is clear.
I already know your agenda so whats your point?10 was better then 09.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I already know your agenda so whats your point?10 was better then 09.
I'm afraid you don't.

Yes, it was much better than 09 in my opinion. I hated 09 with a passion.

My point is similar to other's in this thread. It's a step in the right direction.

Sorry if it wasn't for you.

Last edited by roadman; 01-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »