Home

Suction Blocking - I may have the answer

This is a discussion on Suction Blocking - I may have the answer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lightbulb Suction Blocking - I may have the answer

Now I'm not saying its a definitive solution by any means, but I may have found the solution (or at least a was to minimise effects) to suction blocking.

I had a thought earlier on - players have a Run and Pass Block attribute, I wonder if that affects the players in the same way as the sliders? (going of someones well thought out theory on how sliders work on here). So, I started a franchise, and got it through to the regular season. Before I began it, I reduced all the O-Lineman's Pass and Run Block attributes to the minimum on the team I played first, and put pass block at 0 for the CPU.

It was just a shot in the Dark but it seems like its working. There is minimal (i.e. rather than 3-4 yards suction, its more like a couple of feet when it does happen, which isn't too often) suction blocking, and it all looks real good.

Please can someone else try it, reduce the Pass/Run block attributes for the O-Line (leave Run/Pass Block Strength and Footwork) to the minimum and see if you are getting results similar to mine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Suction Blocking - I may have the answer

Ok, let me make sure I understand what to do and I'll try it when I get a chance. What do you have the sliders set at? You mentioned CPU Pass Blocking at 0, but what about HUM Pass/Run blocking and CPU Run blocking?

Basically you set the Run Block and Pass Block ratings for the OL on both teams to 12 (the minimum) and it reduces the suction blocking? Sounds interesting... I'll give it a shot later.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Rookie

I've left the human ones for now, I'm testing it just with the CPU. Yeah, as crazy as it may sound, put the CPU Pass Block Slider to 0, and reduce the O-Line players Pass Block and Run Block to 12. I still see it occasionally, but half a dozen times a game compared to a few times a drive is way better.

Also noticed that if you aren't using turbo, also cuts the chances down.......
Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I would like to see how much offense can be generated w/ lil suction blocking. If I can't run or pass, why would this benefit us.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't think the players' actual PBK and RBK have any effect on the game this year.

I'm pretty sure it's only Pass Block Strength and Footwork and Run Block Strength and Footwork that are calculated in the game.

It seems PBK and RBK are only for show as far as ratings are concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I would like to see how much offense can be generated w/ lil suction blocking. If I can't run or pass, why would this benefit us.
This is for us when we're playing D, as thats when suction blocking is at its most blatant. I don't see suction blocking really when I have the ball, but I'll take a look at it.

The sliders are a little messed up, as if you put the player sliders on 0 for pass blocking, they might as well not be there. But if you put the CPU sliders on 0, there is a noticeable amount of blocking albeit it isn't great. Probably upping it by a small amount or dropping the player pass rush will probably even it out.

I just want to try and eliminate suction blocking because its a pain in the rear - its just not realistic
Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I don't think the players' actual PBK and RBK have any effect on the game this year.

I'm pretty sure it's only Pass Block Strength and Footwork and Run Block Strength and Footwork that are calculated in the game.

It seems PBK and RBK are only for show as far as ratings are concerned.
It does seem to have helped a little. It may be a coincidence that it did but thats why I've put it on here for other people to try. My thought was that the RBK and PBK ratings act like the sliders do, and it seems they did. Give it a try and see what you find. Just give it a chance
Old 01-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

True, they may work as sliders. Once again, it'd be nice if we had a better explanation from the developers about what each rating does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »