Home

Updated rosters are proof of in-season progression.

This is a discussion on Updated rosters are proof of in-season progression. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Updated rosters are proof of in-season progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
They should definetly bring this back. Along w/ morale, and add something new, like chemistry. The longer players, play together, the better they are, like O-lineman. Maybe give them an awareness boost.

Yeah, chemistry (or perhaps a better term as chemistry implies how much they like/get along - when really it's just knowing what the other guy is apt to do) for the OL and between QBs and their WRs are were it seems most important.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

These are all fantastic ideas, and cannot be that hard to incorporate.

The rumor was Madden 10 got the obvious presentation and gameplay greatly improved, and that Madden 11 was going to revamp the franchise mode, or at the least make drastic improvements.

Franchise is my bread and butter. 90% of my time playing Madden is franchise.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
They should definetly bring this back. Along w/ morale, and add something new, like chemistry. The longer players, play together, the better they are, like O-lineman. Maybe give them an awareness boost.
I miss having holdouts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I still vote for the Week 5, 11, and 17 progression weeks like it was in last gen. It isn't perfect, but IMO, better than what we have. I don't need to get into a stats/skill debate. I think we should have a combination of weekly preperation, a work ethic rating [which you know players would complain if it wasn't high, but honestly, who worked harder than Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith? Favre has been said to have a poor one over the years, and Manning and T.O. work very hard as well. T.O. trains, Manning does film.] and finally stats. So you can tell your palyers what to work on, they can use their work ethich rating and your coaches as well to determine how hard they are preparing and finally how well they do on Sunday.

It is sad that I can start a default roster franchise with Vernon Davis as a 73 and end it as a 73 before the off season when in real life he is rated as a 95 now in the updated roster. I should be able to take Davis, who had attitude problems and hadn't played too well, and turn him around in-game and see the results in action.

I just think that while last gen wasn't perfect it was the better way.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

lol, Vernon Davis 73 to a 95 has to be about the biggest jump ever for a guy in one season.

I agree that the old system of week 5, week 11 and week 17 progression should be brought back.

Just another one of those things you wonder why the heck they took it out of Madden in the first place.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

I guess I could settle for the old progression, I would like to have it focus more on just weeks 5, 11, and 17.

If I light it up in weeks 6,7,8, and I'm playing a poor defense, I should be near unstoppable.

On the other hand if I cant get into the endzone for three straight weeks, there should be more mis-fires, dropped passes, and mistakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »