Home

3rd Franchise Season - Starting HB is Gone

This is a discussion on 3rd Franchise Season - Starting HB is Gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
3rd Franchise Season - Starting HB is Gone

I know of the fatigue issue where starters don't play later in games. This isn't that problem.

It is the 3rd season of my Bears association. I created a HB (Gayle Payton) and played out the first two seasons.

Payton is still on the team, he's #1 in the HB depth chart, he's not injured. But he doesn't appear at all in games. On the first play of the game, the backup HB plays, essentially making the backup HB the starter. Payton never enters the game.

WTH! My association is ruined!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 3rd Franchise Season - Starting HB is Gone

Check under coaching options on the franchise screen. Where you see the RB1 - RB2 slider, make sure it's favoring RB1, if he's first on your depth chart. Maybe your slider is all the way to RB2. I don't think it could be your auto-sub settings.

Other than that, I don't know. Maybe try shifting around your HB's in the depth chart. Maybe try changing Payton's position to WR then back to HB or something. Maybe get rid of the backup HB.

What happens when you put Payton at 2nd on the depth chart?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Its also possible that the player is holding out for a new contract. If thats the case he wont play for you unless you sign him to a big money extension or you might just have to trade him.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Banned

I already had tried shifting positions in the depth chart, moving him to WR and back - didn't work.

Head coach is all the way to RB1.

I think the problem is that an extra HB somehow appeared on my team. I just checked the roster and had some RB from the Chiefs. After reloading, it's now Thomas Jones who is supposed to be on the Jets. I never traded for these guys, but they appear on my roster.

I reloaded again, and the extra HB was not on the roster, but the starting HB still doesn't appear in games.

He is still signed for some years, not holding out for more money.

I'm going back to a save from mid year 2 to see if the problem persists.

Last edited by fcabanski; 01-23-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

One soluton that I know works: release him, then immediately resign him. However, you have to deal with cap penalties in this scenario.

The other possible solution: I have heard that sometimes in the offseason, a player demands a trade. If you check under transactions, it may say something about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
I already had tried shifting positions in the depth chart, moving him to WR and back - didn't work.

Head coach is all the way to RB1.

I think the problem is that an extra HB somehow appeared on my team. I just checked the roster and had some RB from the Chiefs. After reloading, it's now Thomas Jones who is supposed to be on the Jets. I never traded for these guys, but they appear on my roster.

I reloaded again, and the extra HB was not on the roster, but the starting HB still doesn't appear in games.

He is still signed for some years, not holding out for more money.

I'm going back to a save from mid year 2 to see if the problem persists.

wow! that's crazy!! hopefully it fixes itself??? lol...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
Banned

Releasing him then resigning worked, but that cap hit is huge.

I restarted from mid 2nd season, but this time when I traded for KC draft picks I included their HB in the trade.

It seemed to work as my HB is now playing.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Banned

Restarting from mid 2nd season didn't work. In the third season my starting HB appears, but different HB's appear randomly on the team. If I trade them, another HB is moved from someone else's team to my team (I don't trade for or acquire them, they just appear on my team.)

For example, at first the Chief's starting HB is on my team. I trade him, then Norwood is suddenly on my team. I trade him, suddenly some other starting HB is on my team.

There seems to be some open spot on my team that causes a mix up in the team to which an RB is assigned.

So the only fix is to release then re-sign the player, which creates a huge salary cap hit. I've restarted the franchise with salary cap turned off. At least that way if the problem happens, I can fix it without destroying the franchise (via ridiculous SC penalties to my team.) That's a shame because it takes away an important game element.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »