Home

I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go

This is a discussion on I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go

I agree too.I think Madden 10 is the best Madden on PS3/360.
But as a all around thing Madden on PS2 still blows Madden 10 out.
The only thing Madden 10 has on PS2 version is graphics,presentation
and Online Franchise but that aint saying much.Online Franchise is basically a Fantasy thing.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

People are missing the point with some of the tackle statistics here. It kind of matters what plays your opponent calls. If your opponent throws to WR's the whole game, it's hard to get Willis a ton of tackles.

I guess I just don't like the taste of your *****-ade bro...

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
People are missing the point with some of the tackle statistics here. It kind of matters what plays your opponent calls. If your opponent throws to WR's the whole game, it's hard to get Willis a ton of tackles.

I guess I just don't like the taste of your *****-ade bro...
this much is true, but let's be realistic here for a minute, I've played every game on 12 minute quarters, 20 sec acc w/ really great sliders and STILL, linebackers like Patrick Willis gets 70 tackles or so a year? Come on now. Somethings got to give.

It's just that the programming on the ps3 was aimed more for presentation but w/ that, you have to sacrifice gameplay because you can't fit room in the programming. EA devs did not fully research that part of the game.

Hopefully Madden 11 is addressed with this bugs and glitches. But for now, i'm enjoying the hell out of Madden 10 on ps2. Stats are very realistic, gameplay is still fun like the other poster said about running the ball, etc.

Doubters should at least try it for yourselves. You'll be surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, this thread isn't going like I imagined. OS is usually the first to praise the PS2 version after the next generation games turn out to be duds. Personally I'm waiting to pick the game up in March when the price should be around twenty bucks. Maybe then I'll get a franchise going...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I agree with the OP that PS2 Madden still plays better than its big brothers on the the PS3/360, but PS2 Madden doesn't have online franchise, so that makes it useless to me.

Playing CPU games in Madden has never been fun, not even in the days of the Genesis.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I agree with OP, I find it funny madden09 suck on next gen but it was great on the ps2.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

This thread is just proof that the tide is starting to turn... starting... While the PS2 version still has many things over next gen (smoother running animations, features), next gen's new features the breakout system (doing breakout moves during tackles), protak, and online franchise (while not perfect) have put it over the top. Add to that the high def/next gen factor and there finally isn't enough reason to break out that 'ol PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's all about gameplay for me. Those that like the ps3 version tend to play online franchise a lot more than offline franchise.

Were there different developers/programmers for the ps2 version because it's definitely different. After playing Ps3 version, I start to appreciate the old school feel of the ps2 version that's for sure.

Ian and his guys should take note on this. Do the online franchise/presentation thing, but don't sacrifice the gameplay for that.

PS. Those that plan on trying this...make sure your ps3 is backwards compatible. It must be the older 20 gb or 80gb. I don't think it work with the newer models and the 40 gb.

Last edited by supercharger; 01-26-2010 at 01:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »