Home

I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go

This is a discussion on I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:01 AM   #17
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: I should've got the ps2 madden 10 version from the get go

If you prefer the LastGen stuff, you're MUCH better off getting Madden 08 for PC and heading over to www.football-freaks.com to get the updates. Franchise mode on LastGen was deeper, yes, but broken in so many ways it's pathetic. Football freaks gives you MaddenAmp and Nza's Madden Editor, which include progression fixes, stat fixes, a draft better than any short of NFL Head Coach 09, and, hell, if you want to make use of it, practice squads.

I'd advise against the full install of FF2010, as it tends to really destabilized Madden, but the rosters and such are still there. Also, plenty of improved uniforms and stuff.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharger
Those that plan on trying this...make sure your ps3 is backwards compatible. It must be the older 20 gb or 80gb. I don't think it work with the newer models and the 40 gb.
My 60 gb PS3 is backwards compatible.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
People are missing the point with some of the tackle statistics here. It kind of matters what plays your opponent calls. If your opponent throws to WR's the whole game, it's hard to get Willis a ton of tackles.
Which sure seems like the CPUs plan most of the time with how infrequently it calls the run.

Add on top that the DL plays for tackles instead of gap control/block absorbing (so the LBs can flow and get the tackles) and the "jump of blocks" ability, and really cuts on the number of tackles MLBs get.

OLBs and S have more chances since the AI seems to like running outside a lot.

The AI can get their 7-10 tackles on me because I run between the tackles a lot and throw more shorter passes over/near the middle (instead of deep middle or to the flats area like the CPU tends to like).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »