Home

Pro and Cons of Patch 1 vs. 2

This is a discussion on Pro and Cons of Patch 1 vs. 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pro and Cons of Patch 1 vs. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
dfos which patch are you using? just 1? i mean, when i got patch 2 and was still playing, i can tell you didn't see too much of a difference to be honest. zone defense was still pretty poor (but could probably be adjusted with sliders - reaction time). the flats were better but could still be exploited in my opinion. the QB was a little better at holding onto the ball so i got more sacks but if you are ok with how it was pre-patch 2 and favor stats, i would say patch 1 is alright. i was enjoying the game with it and using your sliders and coach profiles as a base because i think you had gotten things to be very good for both sim stats and realistic gameplay and playing calling in terms of pass vs. rush.
I'm stilling trying to figure out, before I clear Patch 2 out, if I can dowload patch 1? Or will it just give the option to download patch 2? Or, no patch at all?
I will be back w/ an answer soon.

I'm debating now, should I just spectate games and keep patch 2, or sim games, check the stats, and if they seem wacky, re-sim those games before saving w/ Patch 2. Of course I don't want to spend hours trying to play my game every week.
So if I could just use Patch 1, that may cure almost everything I have issues with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
dfos which patch are you using? just 1? i mean, when i got patch 2 and was still playing, i can tell you didn't see too much of a difference to be honest.
I belive I'm just going to keep patch 2 and instead of simming the other games, I will just spectate those games.
I'm really happy w/ how the stats look w/ my minor adjustments to the cpu sliders on 15mins w/ 25 sec runoff for spectated games.

When I play, I'll bring the runoff back down to 15 or 20secs(for road games). I like the time running off more for road games, which would make it harder to get checks, hot routes, etc. in once I get to the los. Just adds a bit of challenge and gives a bit more pressure feel to road games.

So, looks like I'll be restarting my franchise. Using patch 2, but spectating, instead of simulating games.
Which doesn't piss me off too much, considering I already won the superbowl w/ the sliders I was using.
I'm timing the length of spectated games now w/ the 15mins 25 secs runoff.
The cpu gets to the los in about 2secs, so w/ 25 sec runoff, that still leaves them 13 secs to make adjustments at the los.

Okay, just timed a game Pats V. Saints w/ 15mins 25 sec runoff. Real-time took 50mins to spectate.
Keep in mind these teams like to pass more, so the game shouldn't be any longer than this was.
Thats kind of disheartening b/c to spectate 15 games, assuming nobody is on a bye week. That would take 12.5 hours, assuming each game took 50mins.
I'm going to check the number of plays and see if lowering the mins for spectated games would be possible and still getting 55-65 plays on each side. Brb

Last edited by dfos81; 01-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #27
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I'm stilling trying to figure out, before I clear Patch 2 out, if I can dowload patch 1? Or will it just give the option to download patch 2? Or, no patch at all?
I will be back w/ an answer soon.

I'm debating now, should I just spectate games and keep patch 2, or sim games, check the stats, and if they seem wacky, re-sim those games before saving w/ Patch 2. Of course I don't want to spend hours trying to play my game every week.
So if I could just use Patch 1, that may cure almost everything I have issues with.
yeah i hear you man...i think if you clear the cache and get rid of the patch, you will only be able to get both patches next time you update. no idea if there is some sort of workaround where you can use a transfer file though or something like that.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #28
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Well, the good news is reducing mins from 15 for spectated games will work and still produce closer to the right average amount of plays per game.

15mins/25sec runoff, spectated= 140 total plays per gm.(run +pass)

NFL/Simmed games= 117-120 total plays per gm.(run+pass)

So I'm needing to reduce the plays by about 20-23 plays per game.

I'm thinking 13mins/25sec runoff would calculate to about 120 plays per gm. That means each spectated game takes about 30-35mins real-time.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-27-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ok this might be a bit long as I am going to put some feedback on sim stats and a bit of game play that I found last night from my default Madden (no patches)

So I started a new franchise last night with my non-patched Madden. I selected the Browns but I left everything as CPU control as my intentions were to sim a couple of seasons and see what kind of stats it would produce. Also I did not control the other teams or mess with coaching sliders or anything like that. I simmed the 2009 and 2010 seasons and here is what I found:

Passing
In 2009 Brady, Brees, and Manning all threw for 40+ TD's. Brady had 49, Brees had 41, and Manning had 40 which put all three in the top 10 for single season records. Brady was 1 TD short of tying his record. All Three passed for over 4500 yards and I think it was Brees who hit the top 10 list for yards with over 4800. Overall I find it acceptable as all three of these QB's are the top in the league and each of them were already top 10 record holders in passing.

in 2010 the stats were similar but actually a bit less as Brady has the most TD's with 42 and Manning and Brees had 40. again the yards for these three was about the same.

Rushing:
In both years now player was over 1900 in fact Turner and Peterson lead the league both years with over 1800 yards. In 2010 Turner had enough yards to become 1th all time for single season rush yards. Also in 2009 they lead the league in ypc with 4.6. In 2010 they had just over 5.0 ypc so much better!
The one flaw I found was rushing TD's. In 2009 Turner lead with 11 and most starting backs only had 2-3!!! Same in 2010 with Frank Gore leading th league with 9 rushing TD's and the average starter having about 3 TD's.
For me I prefer these results even with the low TD's vs having half of the top ten records being smashed each year due to multiple backs having over 2000 yards.

Receiving:
This seemed pretty good overall in 2009 Colston and Fitzgerald hit the top ten list for receptions. And in both years Moss took 8th and 9th place in single season receiving yards.

Defense:
Sacks were a lot better in 2009 the league leader (I forget who) had 18.5 which does not break the top ten for season records. In 2010 Richard Seymour lead the league with 21 which did put him in the top 10 for season records but no other player hit the record list.
Tackles were a bit high in 2009 with Ruud leading the league with 170. But in 2010 the leader, Patrick Willis, had 160.

As for Game play:

After running the sim tests I started another chise with me controling the Browns and the Seahawks (I like to use one team from each conference). I only had time to play one game and I was messing with my sliders throughout. First g I played using Whaaaazuuuuup's Sliders which has you put all user skills to 0 except passing which you put at all 10's and then all cpy skills to 5. I had used a tweaked version of these back before I ever updated my game and had liked it.

Well I started my game Browns vs Vikings with these sliders in place. My Browns did not look good at all! Peterson had over 100 yards in the first quarter mostly due to him breaking a huge run off as about 3 of my sorry Browns tacklers could not bring him down.But he and Taylor continued to run well the entire game. I continued without adjusting the Sliders for the first half. The Cpu played quite well with their skills at 5 even Favre's passing stats were good but he did miss on a couple of throws. There was one awesome pass to the corner of the endzone that Rice laid out to catch and came down with his knee in-bounds. My running game was going well getting 3-5 ypc, but Quinn looked pretty bad with my QBA at 10 plus the WR's struggled to hold onto the ball. I think by the end of the first half the score was Vikings 24 Browns 7. Which my 7 came off a miracle pass that Stuckey caught off a tip and took it to the house.

So for the second Half I switched to sliders that I got from the first 25 pages of the Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work thread by Bill2451. Things went a little bit better but my Browns, probably the worst rated team in the game were just out matched by the 93 overall Vikings. Quinn was able to hit some passes but still missed on alot (btw his accuracy stats are like 79,72,69). Also my receivers could not get separation at all. Final Score:
Vikings 40 Browns 20.

Overall I enjoyed the game but I will need to work on the sliders a bit. I did notice that Farve was able to get the ball out of his hands alot but I did manage one sack (again my sliders need adjusting to get a better pass rush). Also not a single sidline catch cutscene that came in and made a bad call. In fact I think the only one I saw was when Rice cut the TD in the endzone and that time they got it right as he was in for the score. I also did not too many of the is this a first? They'll have to measure nonsense.

Sorry I know this was long but overall I think once I find some sliders that work for me I am going to keep my game free of both patches going forward until I pick up Madden 11. In fact I am still not sure if it is even possible to just get the first patch at this point and really I don't want it anyway as patch 1 had the really bad version of the freeze run glitch.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #30
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knapper
Ok this might be a bit long as I am going to put some feedback on sim stats and a bit of game play that I found last night from my default Madden (no patches)

So I started a new franchise last night with my non-patched Madden. I selected the Browns but I left everything as CPU control as my intentions were to sim a couple of seasons and see what kind of stats it would produce. Also I did not control the other teams or mess with coaching sliders or anything like that. I simmed the 2009 and 2010 seasons and here is what I found:

Passing
In 2009 Brady, Brees, and Manning all threw for 40+ TD's. Brady had 49, Brees had 41, and Manning had 40 which put all three in the top 10 for single season records. Brady was 1 TD short of tying his record. All Three passed for over 4500 yards and I think it was Brees who hit the top 10 list for yards with over 4800. Overall I find it acceptable as all three of these QB's are the top in the league and each of them were already top 10 record holders in passing.

in 2010 the stats were similar but actually a bit less as Brady has the most TD's with 42 and Manning and Brees had 40. again the yards for these three was about the same.

Rushing:
In both years now player was over 1900 in fact Turner and Peterson lead the league both years with over 1800 yards. In 2010 Turner had enough yards to become 1th all time for single season rush yards. Also in 2009 they lead the league in ypc with 4.6. In 2010 they had just over 5.0 ypc so much better!
The one flaw I found was rushing TD's. In 2009 Turner lead with 11 and most starting backs only had 2-3!!! Same in 2010 with Frank Gore leading th league with 9 rushing TD's and the average starter having about 3 TD's.
For me I prefer these results even with the low TD's vs having half of the top ten records being smashed each year due to multiple backs having over 2000 yards.

Receiving:
This seemed pretty good overall in 2009 Colston and Fitzgerald hit the top ten list for receptions. And in both years Moss took 8th and 9th place in single season receiving yards.

Defense:
Sacks were a lot better in 2009 the league leader (I forget who) had 18.5 which does not break the top ten for season records. In 2010 Richard Seymour lead the league with 21 which did put him in the top 10 for season records but no other player hit the record list.
Tackles were a bit high in 2009 with Ruud leading the league with 170. But in 2010 the leader, Patrick Willis, had 160.
Thanks man, thats good stuff to know. Only thing that seems off to me is the rushing tds and tackles are lil high, unless its adding solo and assist together. Appreciate the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knapper
As for Game play:

After running the sim tests I started another chise with me controling the Browns and the Seahawks (I like to use one team from each conference). I only had time to play one game and I was messing with my sliders throughout. First g I played using Whaaaazuuuuup's Sliders which has you put all user skills to 0 except passing which you put at all 10's and then all cpy skills to 5. I had used a tweaked version of these back before I ever updated my game and had liked it.

Well I started my game Browns vs Vikings with these sliders in place. My Browns did not look good at all! Peterson had over 100 yards in the first quarter mostly due to him breaking a huge run off as about 3 of my sorry Browns tacklers could not bring him down.But he and Taylor continued to run well the entire game. I continued without adjusting the Sliders for the first half. The Cpu played quite well with their skills at 5 even Favre's passing stats were good but he did miss on a couple of throws. There was one awesome pass to the corner of the endzone that Rice laid out to catch and came down with his knee in-bounds. My running game was going well getting 3-5 ypc, but Quinn looked pretty bad with my QBA at 10 plus the WR's struggled to hold onto the ball. I think by the end of the first half the score was Vikings 24 Browns 7. Which my 7 came off a miracle pass that Stuckey caught off a tip and took it to the house.

So for the second Half I switched to sliders that I got from the first 25 pages of the Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work thread by Bill2451. Things went a little bit better but my Browns, probably the worst rated team in the game were just out matched by the 93 overall Vikings. Quinn was able to hit some passes but still missed on alot (btw his accuracy stats are like 79,72,69). Also my receivers could not get separation at all. Final Score:
Vikings 40 Browns 20.

Overall I enjoyed the game but I will need to work on the sliders a bit. I did notice that Farve was able to get the ball out of his hands alot but I did manage one sack (again my sliders need adjusting to get a better pass rush). Also not a single sidline catch cutscene that came in and made a bad call. In fact I think the only one I saw was when Rice cut the TD in the endzone and that time they got it right as he was in for the score. I also did not too many of the is this a first? They'll have to measure nonsense.

Sorry I know this was long but overall I think once I find some sliders that work for me I am going to keep my game free of both patches going forward until I pick up Madden 11. In fact I am still not sure if it is even possible to just get the first patch at this point and really I don't want it anyway as patch 1 had the really bad version of the freeze run glitch.
If you get a chance, give these a shot. Most have really liked these and I like how its in between all-pro and all-madden. thanks for the feedback. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html

Last edited by dfos81; 01-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

DFOS
Do you think these sliders: Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2 would apply to what I am doing since I no longer have patch 1 or 2?

I can tell you back in those early days of August and September before the first patch, I had success using your Zero sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6

Knapper, appreciate your post man. My only concern deleting the 2nd patch is the ability to get sacks from my 3-4 olb's being the qb's always throw the lame duck right as theyre getting hit. I was getting more sacks after the second patch but the sim stats are driving me nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »