Home

Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
JUMP!!!!

Guess I'll post this here too..

Is it me, or does NOBODY jump for the ball? Im using Randy moss on a streak route. He just doesn't jump for it, causing the defenders to swat it down, or worse, pick it off. Same for defense! Your thinking "Oh yeah! Interception!" NO! They don't jump for it at ALL! Is it me? I upgraded from Madden 09 to 10 thinking it would be a good idea, and it seems like the same problems are still around. Maybe even worse! I mean yeah..they catch it SOMETIMES. But when its a jump ball, its like the reciever does some stupid animation causing him to fall, or reach somewhere where the ball isnt...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: JUMP!!!!

They took the WR's ability to jump out of the game this year due to the infamous "Rocket Catch" exploit.

Typical Madden response: if it's broke, don't bother to fix it, just take it out of the game altogether!

You can see that same design philosophy carrying over to their handling of the Wildcat post-patch.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I haven't played this game yet, but can't you jump the receiver manually? Or did they take out the ability to jump altogether? That just sounds silly if true.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can't actually go for the ball. On streaks, its a animation that happens when you press y. He doesn't actually "jump". He just does a over the shoulder animation and it almost never works. I want the guy to actually JUMP for the ball, and not let it come to him.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

90% of the time, the flat-footed, over-the-shoulder catch is the only animation you'll get when going up for a jump ball with a WR.

It's because the strafe button was disabled this year for offensive players.

Defensive players, however, can still rocket jump 'til their cleats fall off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

you need to lob the ball over the receiver and switch to him while the ball is in the air and turbo away from the defender and hold triangle when near the red circle to trigger the animation and catch the ball in stride
Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am sure and hoping in madden 11 that Ian Phil will add the jump for the ball back in. It is a part of football. I am sure Ian and his crew will figure out the animations that need to go into the game that will help the WR jump for the ball but also benefits the defender aswell. For the WR to be able to jump for the ball. The defender has to have some postive out of it aswell. But I sure Ian is aware of this and will address it before it comes out in august.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

i can never get my LB to jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »