Home

Just can't lose!!!

This is a discussion on Just can't lose!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Just can't lose!!!

See, i love your sliders, Valdarez, but I gotta throw myself in the same camp as foolish813. Aside from running up the gut on 3rd and long, the game is ridiculously easy even on all-madden settings. going 16-0 in franchise mode is ridonculously simple, so much so that I typically throw games, or voluntarily bench my star players due to injuries i make up in my head.

As to your "Madden Challenges," I still go 16-0 while using the All-Madden challenge, but the Legendary Challenge is basically Superstar Mode without the sh**ty camera angle.

I dunno, I feel your pain, foolish813, try using Valdarez's sliders and All-Madden Challenge, cause it makes the game a LOT more fun, but if you're like me the Legendary Challenge takes most of the fun away because the AI playcalling is monstrously uncreative and boring.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Thanks on the sliders, but I'm not sure how you could go 16-0. That's gotta be tough. Even when I play perfectly, the game will call bad plays at inopportune times making so I can't convert. That's why I said not to audible, you can easily audible on 3rd down, converting plays you wouldn't convert other wise or stopping the defense on plays where'd you get burned. I will admit it sucks using that all out Blitz because you know the CPU is going to make a play every time it's called. Or seeing a CB blitz on a 3rd down and one, knowing the CPU is going to throw short and you'll have no protection on the sides.

I do miss being able to call my own plays, I love the strategy element first when it comes to football. That was what got me hooked on APF2K8, but there's no way to employ it in offline mode in Madden 10, the CPU AI is simply too poor. It doesn't even call the right packages, much less the appropriate plays for a given situation.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

You know, if i'm being perfectly honest, I can't say that i'm sticking to using just one button on playcall.

Tell you what, I just won the Superbowl against the 14-2 Chargers after going 13-3 with my Los Angeles Bulldogs (a St. Louis transplant), so this season, I'm going to stick to your Legendary Challenge. I'll even use "Ask Madden" on Defense and only press "A" every time (which is the middle play for you PS3ers).

I'll get back to you on how well I do, especially since it should be a harder schedule having won the NFC outright and then winning the Superbowl.

--> And yes, I'm using your sliders, with the exception of playing on Normal speed. Slow puts me to sleep and doesn't look realistic. But hey, I'm 22 and have fast reflexes.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!

Last edited by Victor Fox; 01-26-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added link to Valdarez's "Legendary Challenge."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
You know, if i'm being perfectly honest, I can't say that i'm sticking to using just one button on playcall.

Tell you what, I just won the Superbowl against the 14-2 Chargers after going 13-3 with my Los Angeles Bulldogs (a St. Louis transplant), so this season, I'm going to stick to your Legendary Challenge. I'll even use "Ask Madden" on Defense and only press "A" every time (which is the middle play for you PS3ers).

I'll get back to you on how well I do, especially since it should be a harder schedule having won the NFC outright and then winning the Superbowl.

--> And yes, I'm using your sliders, with the exception of playing on Normal speed. Slow puts me to sleep and doesn't look realistic. But hey, I'm 22 and have fast reflexes.
Legendary Challenge you need to switch your Playing Calling to Beginner. Keeps you from having to press A, and takes away the ability to make changes at the line (except for audibles). Makes it a lot harder to play. You'll find your games go a LOT faster though, probably shave 15 to 20 minutes off a game (literally).
Old 01-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
going 16-0 in franchise mode is ridonculously simple, so much so that I typically throw games, or voluntarily bench my star players due to injuries i make up in my head.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-27-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I have the same issue. BillHarris's sliders are the best so far as they provide the only legitimate challenge, but even then it's so easy for me to put 30-40 points on the board.

I think the main problem is the CPU playcalling. When it thinks you're getting predictable, it gets predictable. I can run the ball 3 times in a row and the next thing I know they're running a jail break blitz. And of course I can read the blitz at the line and audible to a quick pass. Guys open everywhere, take my pick.

I just don't feel like the CPU makes a proper effort in diffusing my gameplan. I feel it has to kinda cheat its way back in the game. The CPU seems to fail in sustaining drives, most points coming off of big plays or turnovers. When the CPU has a sort of drive going, it always phases out due to stupid animations like the QB throwing the ball short on an out route or something and the receiver constantly failing to get his feet inbounds. Or screen passes where the CPU player starts going backwards. It always feels like 2 extremes, crappy QB play or Robo QB.

Not to mention that if I get an interception, it almost always goes to the house.

I don't feel like I should have to make house rules, like only controlling one guy on defense or not using turbo or stuff like that.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 AM   #15
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
who do you play with? I play as the Browns and struggle. ratings I feel play a role this year more than ever. It might not be sim but, create a "rookie QB" and have him start w/ a 62 ovr and watch him suck it up
Curtis Painter is a 62 in online franchise (67 after year 1) and I dominate with him. His passing accuracy attributes are higher than most starters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #16
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I've been having a similar issue lately. I can lose every now and then(about 1 in every 8), but the team stats I see when I win are consistently lopsided in the cpu's favor.

Not just by a little bit, I'm talkin turnovers 0-4, offensive yards in favor of the cpu 5:3, and I'm winning games like this all the time.

I can only put it down to the accumulation of poor decisions by the cpu over the course of the game.

I want to lose games, but the cpu just beats itself a lot of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »