Home

This is just becoming rediculous

This is a discussion on This is just becoming rediculous within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: This is just becoming rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOL KC I was coming in to say same exact thing. Cover audible to the sidelines will prevent the HB from getting to the corner and Press will keep them on the line of scrimmage much longer.

Being that not alot of people throw the post route, this is a great counter vs flat throwers
If you play good manual D in a hook zone, you can definitely take that away too! Unless your opponent calls a smart combination route, you can play a real tough cover 3 by usering the middle.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Maybe your just garbage at Madden?

No offense, but I've never been abused all game long by someone throwing the ball to their RB out of the backfield. Maybe your just trying to call plays that shouldn't be called in that type of situation.

Here's my theory I know a lot of stuff on Madden is cheesy, but I feel like as long as they aren't glitching and you don't like it, then stop it!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athbeforedishonor
Maybe your just garbage at Madden?

No offense, but I've never been abused all game long by someone throwing the ball to their RB out of the backfield. Maybe your just trying to call plays that shouldn't be called in that type of situation.

Here's my theory I know a lot of stuff on Madden is cheesy, but I feel like as long as they aren't glitching and you don't like it, then stop it!
lol, i laugh when i read post like these. i have a record of 66-7 and my AOL is 15 or 16. cover two cant stop the flat because the cb would be busy pressing the wr at the line of scrimage. the guy would throw the ball to the rb and the rb would catch the ball without looking at the qb or the ball. the rb would now break the tackle of the cb trying to cover the flat. after breaking the tackle, the rb would know gain ten yard or take it to the house. back in the days, throwing the ball to the flat was automatic pick six, but now i dont know wtf is wrong with ea.

the best way to stop a bum from throwing the ball to flat is to find a good nano blitz..........then manually cover the rb.
the reason you need a nano blitz to stop a quick throw to the flat is because when you manually cover thier rb, you dont want to give them a chance to go to their number 2 read, which is probably going to be their TE or slot WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm not the best madden player around, but hopefully I'll be able to cover the flats better. One last question though - has anyone had any luck beating this by putting an OLB on blitz? I know this would only work if you knew what side he was throwing to, but generally the formation gives that away at least to me.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: This is just becoming rediculous

+1 on the idea of cover 2/3 zone and spotlighting the HB. I manually play the MLB to roam the middle and if you spotlight the HB your defenders will contain the flats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 01-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Whats funny is, I think this was a result of the dev team trying not to go back to the old ways of cutting corners. In previous Maddens, linebackers playing man against running backs would get a speed cheat to keep up.

I hope they find the root of the problem(maybe pursuit angles), instead of reverting back to the quick fix.
I wouldnt say its so much about the angles(They may need to be sharper but...) its more about the reaction time by the LB or player covering the RB and the lack of realistic acceleration and deceleration(momentum as well) of the players.

IRL a RB who gets the ball in the flats when man covered by a good quick LB will have less then a few steps to try and turn the ball up field from a jog before he has that LB in his face running at full speed.

The LB is trailing about 3 yards away from Bush in man coverage and Brown reacted properly in his zone coverage to a RB. This is what should happen if a defensive player is moving at full speed compared to a offensive player who is jogging and just catching the ball.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 01-28-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBolshevik
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm not the best madden player around, but hopefully I'll be able to cover the flats better. One last question though - has anyone had any luck beating this by putting an OLB on blitz? I know this would only work if you knew what side he was throwing to, but generally the formation gives that away at least to me.
i think it really depends on how u play and the personnel u play with. i play mostly offline, altho i did enjoy a few of my online games this year w/ sim players, and i call plays based on my teams strength. with this scenario i would try 2 things:

DE contain: i play mostly safety and can switch between FS mentality and SS mentality. normally the FS is the fastest so its best to have him have the deep zone (both my S would be above 93 speed). your SS should either be on a TE or slot WR or FB...if you manually control the FS & show blitz (triangle, left) you should be in good position if the RB runs your way. if he runs toward the SS side, you also have ur DE out there in case ur SS takes a bad angle (assuming it's a really quick pass)

OLB blitz (3-4): pretty much the same thing, except you need fast LBs. If he has 3+ WRs then your Safeties would cover the extra WRs. if not, then your MLBs should be on the RB & FB, SS on TE and ur free safety should be free again. show blitz, pinch the d-line and spread the LBs. if its a quick pass, and your rush was good enough to get their it should be a bad pass. if not, use your FS to get where he needs to be.

but this would leave u open to quick slants if he decides to use his WRs...unless u have Quan Henry and Deandre Miles...then you're good lol. hope i helped
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Use the player spotlight feature, that'll shut that stuff down in a hurry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »