Home

This is just becoming rediculous

This is a discussion on This is just becoming rediculous within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is just becoming rediculous

Ok, I understand...throwing to your backs is becoming popular in the NFL, but I can't tell you how many times I play some team like the saints or vikings and the ONLY THING the other player can do is throw behind the line....to the running back...its such a gimmick and needs to be fixed. Does anyone have a way to combat this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: This is just becoming rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBolshevik
Ok, I understand...throwing to your backs is becoming popular in the NFL, but I can't tell you how many times I play some team like the saints or vikings and the ONLY THING the other player can do is throw behind the line....to the running back...its such a gimmick and needs to be fixed. Does anyone have a way to combat this?
You could control a DE or LB and manually cover the flats yourself.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aye, That's what i've been trying to do. I just cant beat the speed of a back no matter what- Especially if the ball is thrown 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage..there's nothing you can do to the ball carrier..tackles will get shed 99% of the time it seems. For example I just got beat in a close game by the vikings..he had 2 catches by a reciever..the rest were catches by the running back..21 receptions..

You would think they would get bored of hitting the Triangle and L1 buttons.

Last edited by EricBolshevik; 01-27-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBolshevik
simple solution, play ps2 version. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in gameplay aspect.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes. I feel your pain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Whats funny is, I think this was a result of the dev team trying not to go back to the old ways of cutting corners. In previous Maddens, linebackers playing man against running backs would get a speed cheat to keep up.

I hope they find the root of the problem(maybe pursuit angles), instead of reverting back to the quick fix.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Cover 2/3 zone press + coverage audible to the sidelines. Spotlight the HB. Enjoy your pick-sixes.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Cover 2/3 zone press + coverage audible to the sidelines. Spotlight the HB. Enjoy your pick-sixes.
LOL KC I was coming in to say same exact thing. Cover audible to the sidelines will prevent the HB from getting to the corner and Press will keep them on the line of scrimmage much longer.

Being that not alot of people throw the post route, this is a great counter vs flat throwers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »