Home

Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10?

WOW, that picture of LT is absolutely horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #66
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
poor example above

the camera is zoomed at different distances

apples and oranges
Also, I think that pic of LT is from Madden 10 where they just put LT on the Jets.

The Madden 11 screens so far have looked MUCH better then 10.

Also (pt 2), that NCAA 11 pic is (like the box pics) likely very enhanced.

Don't get me wrong fellas, I also want better Madden graphics but comparing these two pics is a waste of time for many reasons.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:23 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
When I first started playing Madden 10, I thought the player models looked too small. After checking the size of the field in APF2K8 and determining the field size was too small, and thus the player models appeared larger, I thought the Madden models must be correct and only appeared smaller to me due to the APF2K8 players looking larger. However after looking at a screenshot of a game, and trying to emulate it in Madden 10, I now believe the models are actually too small.

Here's the screenshots I took:

NFL Game ScreenShot

Madden 10 ScreenShot

Now I fully recognize that I don't have the exact camera angle in my screenshot as there is in the NFL screen. However, I could not obtain the correct angle. When I adjusted the camera so the 50 line displayed, either the one on top or bottom, then part of the field on the opposite side was cut off. When I pulled the camera up high enough to get both 50s in there at the same angle, then the player models were very, very small.

I mentioned this to Ian on Twitter, and I'm hoping he replies, because I don't quite understand what's going on. From the side, the field with looks like it's way too long, but I'm not sure if that's really the problem.

The players look to be the right size. If they were to lay down flat, I think they would be roughly 2 hash marks (6 feet tall).

So why does the field look so wide in the Madden screenshot? And, more importantly, why do the players in Madden NFL always look smaller than their NFL broadcast counterpart? I'm completely stumped and would love to hear others ideas on what's going on.

Valdarez your the man. I've been waiting for someone to come out and speak about this and who better then you..
I definitely agree. I've been complaining about this for so long now. This is what makes the game look more cartoonish, rather then more proportional and realistic. Also I don't know if you agree with me but If you look closely the socks need to be longer just like the real pic of the NFL you posted above, it gives it that illusion of making the players look taller. What bugs me is I don't understand why these devs don't see this or realize it. Its beyond me. I don't Get it...

Last edited by nygmen92; 04-17-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
This is just sad. How can the art team look at that shot of LT and say they have body proportions right. The player models are all way to skinny and I hate how their clothes look. Just look at LT's sock as it comes to right under his knee.. What the hell kind of sock is that? It looks like it has 100 layers. In NCAA equipment. socks, shoes, etc all appears like the player is 'wearing' them as in madden it seems to be "part of the model'.

Another example that really bothers me is where the cleats meet the ankle. In NCAA they look perfect. But in Madden what is going on with how big and clunky the cleats look. Sanchez's cleat. black sock, then long sock dont look right at. And the lineman with the taped up cleat looks horrible. He has skinny little ankles then BAM a brick for a foot. Just odd how NCAA can get their models to look like that and madden can't

This right here needs a sticky on the front page of Madden forum. That is truely sad that NCAA art team is killing the Madden art team. There is no comparison between them seriously. Madden is getting out done by NCAA?? Wow. Someone should send these two pics to Ian and ask him what's wrong with this picture? Please explain to me what's wrong..

Last edited by nygmen92; 04-17-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:54 AM   #69
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

the football size compaired to the body is horrendous the ball in this pic as you can see mcnabbs hand makes it look small and in no way holding the ball should it reach from your fingertips to the inside of your arm were your elbow is not only is the size wrong but the shape of the ball as well.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #70
Banned

With the new trailer of madden 11 coming out on Thursday this is something hopefully we will see addressed. If not, it should because its a huge thing when it comes to making Madden more realistic and less cartoony looking.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #71
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I think its hilarious that in the NCAA forum people say the college players are too big, and in the Madden forum they say they're too small. I will agree with you guys on Madden being too small somewhat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #72
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The sidelines need to be further in and the players need to be beefed up somewhat. Especiall the running backs and fullbacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »