Home

Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

This is a discussion on Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

Ever hear the saying "you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time"? You're always going to have to adjust sliders to get the experience you want because everybody has a different idea of what a football game should be.....and yet they ALL seem to think their idea of what a game should be is what would best represent the sport. There is no way a sports game developer can possibly make a game that will play to everybody's ideals and expectation. It never has happened and it never will happen. If you don't like making slider adjustments to fit your idea of how a sports game should play......then you should probably stop playing sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #26
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I don't. It's taken four editions to refine to the point where it is right now (IMO acceptable but other I can understand why others may respectfully disagree) so if you think a total reboot on the field will mean a better Madden anytime soon you're very likely wrong.
You're spot on. For every attribute we see, there's probably 10 we don't. And because it's all contextually based, there's a lot of switching going on in a game. TONS of things happening that have to be accounted for to which there is no easy fix.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I would definitely work on the game logic if there were a project setup and people serious about getting something done.
You mean as in coding the actual game logic?

Quote:
I would want to focus on it primarily from a strategic / sim standpoint rather than a 'greatest graphics' standpoint
That's what I'm going to do, but I can't do anything gameplay related yet until the Havok Plugin comes out.

Quote:
I'd set my expectations a little more realistically to start, like an XBox Live Arcade playable game.
Game is going to be for PC, but I will definitely bring support for the Xbox 360 Controller.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #28
Rookie

Another picture of the 3D Grass, looks a lot better than the first picture, but it is still not finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grass.jpg (96.2 KB, 187 views)
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #29
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

We need a text based sim. Not another Madden. I realize the whole economic side in quality of having a competitor, but damn, just start from the bottom up.

Get the engine going . . .
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
We need a text based sim. Not another Madden. I realize the whole economic side in quality of having a competitor, but damn, just start from the bottom up.

Get the engine going . . .
I would love to, but I'm still waiting on the Havok Plugin, so I can't really start on the engine until I get that Plugin.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGames
I would love to, but I'm still waiting on the Havok Plugin, so I can't really start on the engine until I get that Plugin.
Just to humor this thread a little (yes... I'm in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it")....

Can you give us non-programmers a little more info on this Havoc plugin? Like... what it is and what it will do for your "game"? You keep saying that you are waiting for it, but what exactly does that mean? Are you waiting on the technology or a simple plugin so you can use the existing technology? Are you expecting it tomorrow or in 2012?

This whole thing has been very generalized and uninformative as to how you are REALLY going to pull this off. How 'bout some real details? And dude... what's with the grass???? Is that supposed to be a form of "see... I can do it and this grass is proof!"? If it is, then I have even less faith than the 0.0000001% I have right now that we will see a PC "game" from you rivaling Madden. Prove me wrong....................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #32
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Do you have money to back this project? If so, where are you located? You need a sound designer? I just so happen to be an audio engineer who's been thinking about going into games. This would be a great project to work on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »