Home

Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

This is a discussion on Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

Quote:
Just to humor this thread a little (yes... I'm in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it")....

Can you give us non-programmers a little more info on this Havoc plugin? Like... what it is and what it will do for your "game"? You keep saying that you are waiting for it, but what exactly does that mean? Are you waiting on the technology or a simple plugin so you can use the existing technology? Are you expecting it tomorrow or in 2012?

This whole thing has been very generalized and uninformative as to how you are REALLY going to pull this off. How 'bout some real details? And dude... what's with the grass???? Is that supposed to be a form of "see... I can do it and this grass is proof!"? If it is, then I have even less faith than the 0.0000001% I have right now that we will see a PC "game" from you rivaling Madden. Prove me wrong....................
This havok plugin I keep mentioning, will allow me to use Havok Physics and Animation for the game:
http://www.havok.com/index.php?page=havok-animation
http://www.havok.com/index.php?page=havok-physics
Once I get that plugin, I will definitely prove you wrong.:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=...w&t=162138&b=8

EDIT:

Quote:
Do you have money to back this project? If so, where are you located? You need a sound designer? I just so happen to be an audio engineer who's been thinking about going into games. This would be a great project to work on.
I already had all the software and hardware to work on this is not the only project I've been working on, check out my site:http://www.csgm.webs.com
But, I will definitely need a sound designer! Thanks!

Last edited by CSGames; 02-04-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #34
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGames
I already had all the software and hardware to work on this is not the only project I've been working on, check out my site:http://www.csgm.webs.com
But, I will definitely need a sound designer! Thanks!
Keep me updated then.

You should use the larrabee chip and ray trace this sucka!
(don't know much about graphic design, so this may be expensive and difficult)

Man that would rock. QWRT is getting me pretty excited
Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Keep me updated then.

You should use the larrabee chip and ray trace this sucka!
(don't know much about graphic design, so this may be expensive and difficult)

Man that would rock. QWRT is getting me pretty excited
Ray tracing right now is way to slow to be done in real time, but the game will be using deferred shading and a combination of other effects like motion blur, hdr, volumetric lighting, dof, shadowing, global illumination, and SSAO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
This whole thing has been very generalized and uninformative as to how you are REALLY going to pull this off. How 'bout some real details? And dude... what's with the grass???? Is that supposed to be a form of "see... I can do it and this grass is proof!"? If it is, then I have even less faith than the 0.0000001% I have right now that we will see a PC "game" from you rivaling Madden. Prove me wrong....................
The process is very simple.
1) Use Havok to create the Animation System.
2) Model some 3D players ( probably stick figures ).
3) Give them basic animations.
4) Test the stick figures with the Animation System.
5) Once it works the way I want it to, post a team request on my
other favorite forum, TheGameCreators.
6) Then have my 3D modeler replace the stick figures with high res models.
7) Add new/better animations to the high res models.
8) Have my AI manager create an AI system.
9) Then integrate it to the Animation system.
10) Have my Graphics manager set up the graphics engine.
11) Use the DarkClouds plugin: f=darkcloudshttp://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=darkclouds to create the real time skies and weather.
12) Work on the GUI, Game Modes, and Gameplay
13) Polish up other things, sound manager will create sound effects for the game, and game presentation.

The reason for the 3D Grass was so you can compare it with 2D Grass and for me to test how much of a performance hit the game will take, but so far not any at all!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
The process is very simple.
1) Use Havok to create the Animation System.
2) Model some 3D players ( probably stick figures ).
3) Give them basic animations.
4) Test the stick figures with the Animation System.
5) Once it works the way I want it to, post a team request on my
other favorite forum, TheGameCreators.
6) Then have my 3D modeler replace the stick figures with high res models.
7) Add new/better animations to the high res models.
8) Have my AI manager create an AI system.
9) Then integrate it to the Animation system.
10) Have my Graphics manager set up the graphics engine.
11) Use the DarkClouds plugin: f=darkcloudshttp://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=darkclouds to create the real time skies and weather.
12) Work on the GUI, Game Modes, and Gameplay
13) Polish up other things, sound manager will create sound effects for the game, and game presentation.

The reason for the 3D Grass was so you can compare it with 2D Grass and for me to test how much of a performance hit the game will take, but so far not any at all!
I love it!!! "Very simple", hey? Why has there not been one single football game... not one... that has come close to rivaling Madden with respect to graphics, gameplay and the rest of the package on PC? Sure there have been either decent text-based games or cheap knockoffs, but nothing rivaling Madden for the PC. Very simple... sheesh.

BTW... that list that you gave was a checklist of some very major steps and in and of itself extraordinarily generic in nature. It does sound like you know a lot about doing this, I just think that you severely underestimate your working capital, people resources and overall ability to get this done on a mass scale... aka, larger than your local neighborhood distribution. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see it happen. But I'm not holding an ounce of breath.

So... when can we expect this fantastic new title? Next month, next year.... never....

Last edited by DrewsLions; 02-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
I love it!!! "Very simple", hey? Why has there not been one single football game... not one... that has come close to rivaling Madden with respect to graphics, gameplay and the rest of the package on PC? Sure there have been either decent text-based games or cheap knockoffs, but nothing rivaling Madden for the PC. Very simple... sheesh.

BTW... that list that you gave was a checklist of some very major steps and in and of itself extraordinarily generic in nature. It does sound like you know a lot about doing this, I just think that you severely underestimate your working capital, people resources and overall ability to get this done on a mass scale... aka, larger than your local neighborhood distribution. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see it happen. But I'm not holding an ounce of breath.

So... when can we expect this fantastic new title? Next month, next year.... never....
I'm starting to think that the Madden NFL games are messing with people's minds. Its really not that hard to make a football game, only reason for why it seems that way is because, Madden was developed by a professional team, and since the game has so many critical glitches, you will think I can't fix those glitches because a professional team couldn't, but that is not the case. Many glitches in madden are easy to fix, and that's why I'm also starting to think that the team that makes madden are not trying to give you a good football game because, I don't know you mess up with certain things like the sliders. How do you mess up with sliders? That is beginner's work. Any game coder can make proper functioning sliders. Just look at APF 2k9, I hated that game but look at how the player's faces look and then look at how madden's look, for an old engine they sure looked way better than madden's players. So you see where I'm going with this, it is not that hard to make a football game, only part I don't blame Madden NFL 10 for is the AI, cause AI is the only part glitches should take place.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
It does sound like you know a lot about doing this,
I've learned a lot from developing a Pokemon Engine. Just like a football game, pokemon games require a lot of data handling. If you want I could show you the complete source code of the pokemon engine to prove to you that I know what I'm doing:
Attached Files
File Type: txt Pokemon Engine Source Code.txt (65.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I've learned a lot from developing a Pokemon Engine. Just like a football game, pokemon games require a lot of data handling. If you want I could show you the complete source code of the pokemon engine to prove to you that I know what I'm doing:
That's great, but I don't read source code. Started in college as an IS major... took one C++ class and changed my major to Finance. Look, it appears to me that you know your stuff, but there are a lot of people that also have this knowledge and can't pull off making a brand new football game that is also a GOOD GAME. It just doesn't happen... so can you see why I'm uber-skeptical?

And you still didn't answer my question in regards to timeframe. When can we expect this game? I take it you haven't really started, so say like two years or more? If that's the case, why come here and start posting now... with only grass to show for your efforts? Why not get further into the process, then come here and say, "hey, here are some cool screen shots of my new game due out by blah-blah-blah date. It will contain features such as X, Y and Z." All this is now, is some techno-fantasy that will most likely not become reality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »