Home

Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

This is a discussion on Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hope Madden NFL 11 Is Much Better

Quote:
That's great, but I don't read source code. Started in college as an IS major... took one C++ class and changed my major to Finance. Look, it appears to me that you know your stuff, but there are a lot of people that also have this knowledge and can't pull off making a brand new football game that is also a GOOD GAME. It just doesn't happen... so can you see why I'm uber-skeptical?

And you still didn't answer my question in regards to timeframe. When can we expect this game? I take it you haven't really started, so say like two years or more? If that's the case, why come here and start posting now... with only grass to show for your efforts? Why not get further into the process, then come here and say, "hey, here are some cool screen shots of my new game due out by blah-blah-blah date. It will contain features such as X, Y and Z." All this is now, is some techno-fantasy that will most likely not become reality.
Depending on when I form the team, I could be around a year or maybe under. Really doesn't take that long.

EDIT:

The reason why other people with the same knowledge struggle is because C++ is a tougher language to learn but, the language that I'm using is DarkBasic Professional. It allows you to make commercial quality games without struggling to code it. Greatly cutting down the time it takes to make a game, and it is expandable, so you can easily make a wrapper to allow you to use other engines like euphoria and havok.

Last edited by CSGames; 02-04-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
I love it!!! "Very simple", hey? Why has there not been one single football game... not one... that has come close to rivaling Madden with respect to graphics, gameplay and the rest of the package on PC? Sure there have been either decent text-based games or cheap knockoffs, but nothing rivaling Madden for the PC. Very simple... sheesh.
@ DrewsLions

The reason why developers don't try to take on Madden is because they are not sure if there game is going to sell with Madden in the market, and if the game doesn't sell, the developer is going to lose a ton of time and money. That's why APF 2k10 didn't come out because the first one didn't sell. But since many people won't play a football game unless the have their favorites stars, the only true way to beat madden with the nfl license, is to go all out and create a game with better AI, graphics, features, and the most important of them all, customization. That is also why football games fail against madden without the license is because, the developers don't include enough customization and features. So if backbreaker does good, then expect another one to come out.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

So whats the goal for your game?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
So whats the goal for your game?
To take down the evil empire of Madden NFL.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #45

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGames
To take down the evil empire of Madden NFL.
I get that but how?

You've listed many reasons why it hasn't worked yet, what are your plans to make your game different from the others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #46
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Whats the difference between Havoc and Euphoria? If any.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #47
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Euphoria can use physics to create animations on-the-fly. Havok is just plain ragdoll physics (unless it has changed drastically in the last year or two).
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
I get that but how?

You've listed many reasons why it hasn't worked yet, what are your plans to make your game different from the others?
My plans to take down Madden is to make to basically fill in the missing pieces of the cake that other games missed and then add the icing with my own ideas. Other games failed because they didn't make a significant stride against Madden, that's why I feel as though backbreaker can also defeat Madden because of Euphoria.
So to start my football I'm going to use the upcoming Havok plugin (should be finished by next week) to create an Animation System that allows for tackles and animation like backbreaker but better because I'm going to add the ability for players to fight for yards.
Using Havok's joint commands, I will be able to create scenarios where a defender can grip on to the ballcarrier's leg and allow the ballcarrior to break the joint depending on the grip and strength of both players to get more yards. To fill up Madden NFL's holes, using Havok will completely eliminate suction blocking/tackling and all of a sudden speed bursts. Also my new rating philosophy will add a lot of customization opportunities to the game and to the CPU using Decision Making ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »