Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Check out EA's new 3-D Pod (Madden 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Video games aren't developed that way, and thank God because we'd still be playing with stick figures.

Games are developed in teams, and that means the people who work on gameplay mechanics aren't doing art and vice versa. So, there is no need to cut back on any of this. Remember, the people doing art are getting a paycheck to do just art and I'm pretty sure they don't wanna see cuts taking place anywhere, since if there are no advancements in their area they're out of a job.
This needs to be restated. People tend to forget this.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #58
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Video games aren't developed that way, and thank God because we'd still be playing with stick figures.

Games are developed in teams, and that means the people who work on gameplay mechanics aren't doing art and vice versa. So, there is no need to cut back on any of this. Remember, the people doing art are getting a paycheck to do just art and I'm pretty sure they don't wanna see cuts taking place anywhere, since if there are no advancements in their area they're out of a job.
Exactly,
Just b/c they have seperate teams working on things, doesn't mean they are putting one above the other. Let the gameplay guys do what they do and let the art guys have fun w/ the 3-d Pod.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #59
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This needs to be restated. People tend to forget this.
Quote:
Exactly,
Just b/c they have seperate teams working on things, doesn't mean they are putting one above the other. Let the gameplay guys do what they do and let the art guys have fun w/ the 3-d Pod.
This is a game being developed for the purpose of making $. I'm sure like any good business they have a budget in place.

If they spend x amount of dollars on graphics/art design equipment for example, you don't have the money for the audio equipment needed and you end up with a nice looking game with a chopped up monotone Tom Hammond doing the play by play.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #60
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

Its a lil too early to freak out. Just because they did this doesnt mean its a waste just yet. M10 had cut scenes in it so the player scans most likely wont be a complete waste especially if their looking to add more cut scenes.

But I do agree with the detractors that this could easily be a waste of resources. Sure there are different groups for different things but there is only so much money going into this game one way or the other and they need to invest wisely.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I definitely like a challenge in games, and that does go back to gameplay, but I'm not popping in Madden because I can't wait to see the blocking schemes. I play it because it's fun, that it feels fairly authentic, and that the cut scenes, sounds, graphics, franchise mode, and yes--player faces--give me an enhanced experience that I otherwise haven't had since 2K5.
Who's saying that they want Madden to just have good blocking schemes?

But to me, that's part of the gameplay AND immersion. If I can't run the ball like my real life team does because the linemen don't block like a NFL line would - that's going to make it hard to feel like I'm playing with my NFL team.

If I have to use Ray Rice to break a bunch of tackles so he can have the YPC he's capable of - that doesn't "feel real" to me. Ray Rice isn't a trucking back like Barber or Jacobs or any other power back, but if I have to use him like one because the blocking doesn't work right or the defense reacts unrealisticly (or not how their ratings would indicate) then that kills part of the immersion for me as well.

I'm all for improved graphics. I want both, though. I'd love to see Rice's real face on a cut scene or in a pre-game or the like, but I also want to be able to use him realistically on the field as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 21
how about also getting the uniforms looking correct and not having the names squished and also everything else that bugs people about this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »