Home

Create a Player problem fixed yet?

This is a discussion on Create a Player problem fixed yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Create a Player problem fixed yet?

I haven't played Madden 10 (360) in a while, so I'm not sure if this has been fixed, but the last time I did I was having a problem with the create a player option.

When I'd create a player and saved him to a team's roster, the player wouldn't be there (even if the team I put him on had an open roster spot). Does anyone know if this was fixed with the last patch or some other way, or are there still people having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Create a Player problem fixed yet?

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is create him as a FA then in Roster Management sign him. I did that with Favre and Vick when I first got the game.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
I'm pretty sure all you have to do is create him as a FA then in Roster Management sign him. I did that with Favre and Vick when I first got the game.
It worked for me too when I first got the game, but ever since I downloaded a certain roster update (don't remember which one) it hasn't worked. I've tried what you are saying and that doesn't work either.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

The problem is that there are only a certain number of spots for players, and with EA adding all the guys that teams sign throughout the season due to injuries and such it takes up spots that you could use for CAPs before. There were a few rosters that had no spots open at all and you couldn't create any players, but the most current roster update has 2 CAP spots open I believe (at least that's when I ran out of room).

You can always take some random low-rated FA and change his name/stats to make him the player you would have created.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

If you have the newest roster update, you can create 3 players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Cool, thanks. I'll get on and download the latest roster update then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »