Home

Who should i get to be my QB for the Raiders?????

This is a discussion on Who should i get to be my QB for the Raiders????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Who should i get to be my QB for the Raiders?????

Any suggestions with Russell sucking who i should get, some realistic please????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Who should i get to be my QB for the Raiders?????

Michael Vick.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's Oakland's actual QB next year, so that's pretty realistic.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Depends where you are in your franchise.

Vick is an option, but is about as effective if not less effective as Russell at being a game manager.

That said, your offense becomes LETHAL with:

QB: Russell on short passes on 1st and 2nd, Vick on 3rd with the option to run or pass (call something where you can check down to either your RB or TE as a fallback..just use the QB sub formation on your Vick plays)

HB: You're already set, keep DMC healthy and sub Bush in when you need those tough yards...Perhaps look at a 3rd back who has more size, less speed as a 3rd option. A Ryan Torain or someone like that.

FB: Not sure who it is actually. I always used Oren O' Neal or Jehuu Cauldrick until I could get a killer FB. Both solid blockers and pass catchers.

WR: Louis Murphy (I forgot his name at the moment, it's late) in slot, DHB on the right (#1) and Chaz left (#2)

This makes your Raiders a run first, pass when needed team. However, if you can consistently get 4-5 yards on passes in between runs, you're looking at points on every drive (minimizing mistakes obviously) and serious time management.

Option B: Assuming you're in year one or two, and you enjoy Al Davis (doubt it), you could package Russell and a #2 or whatever it takes for Kevin Kolb. Not going to lie, he is pretty good in M10 for a mid 70s QB with B potential (IF you have the accelerator to make him A, do it and he gets REAL good). He is also a young guy, and that youth could allow you either a chance to go get your guy if he doesn't work out, or commit to him in the long term. If you don't want Kolb, you could look at Nate Davis from SF, Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell.... or if you want to cough up a #1 depending on your draft slot (24 and up is where I consider trade downs), you could shoot for Vince Young.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Brad Smith
Old 01-29-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I love my Raiders squad. I'm a guy that likes to build a team up from nothing over multiple seasons. Thanks to Al Davis, I get that opportunity every year in Madden.

To answer your question though, I would just draft a QB, and build the team up around him while he sits a year or 2. I got rid of Jamarcus, but Grads was half decent most of the time. He does throw some craaaazy passes sometimes though lol. He was QB while the youngster was on the bench for a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

McNabb
Old 01-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
McNabb
It's damn near impossible to pry DMac from Philly. I tried in my Bills franchise prior to drafting Terrelle Pryor out of necessity, and they wouldn't take 2 1st round picks.

Lucky for me Pryor was a 20 yr old A potential starting at 76.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I love my Raiders squad. I'm a guy that likes to build a team up from nothing over multiple seasons. Thanks to Al Davis, I get that opportunity every year in Madden.

To answer your question though, I would just draft a QB, and build the team up around him while he sits a year or 2. I got rid of Jamarcus, but Grads was half decent most of the time. He does throw some craaaazy passes sometimes though lol. He was QB while the youngster was on the bench for a year.

First off, LOL at your mindset. I really do feel for the diehards...It must get old after a while looking at the top 10 prospects for future drafts before pre-season. I really miss the good dirty Raiders.

Secondly, I agree with your ideas on QBs...However, it could be much cheaper (something the Raiders desperately need) to sign a young 2nd or 3rd string guy from another team than drafting a QB in the 1st. Especially if you use NCAA classes where the talent is extremely top heavy.

You don't need a Manning or Brady to win SBs, you just need to find out what your system truly is, and what kind of QB you need to do to make your players put the results up. If you already have a complete stud player or two, whether it be TE, WR, RB...etc skill offense player..Find a QB that plays to the strength of those guys. If you check down a lot of routes, find a high short acc QB...you know? I'm not ranting on you, I kinda lost track.

In short, if you have cap on, you can draft a guy if you want, but you may be able to find a cheaper, perhaps better alternative with a young backup from another team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »