Home

I think the new creative director will influence ATMOPSHERE of game most in Madden 11

This is a discussion on I think the new creative director will influence ATMOPSHERE of game most in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I think the new creative director will influence ATMOPSHERE of game most in Madden 11

I think the new guy will bring a lot of arcade "extras" to Madden, not necessarily related to gameplay.

For example, the audio for this game needs a lift: Stadium chants, reactive crowds, louder cheers, more realistic swelling of the crowd on 3rd down, loud for opposing offense but more quiet for home offense, just more excitement overall in the audi dept...

How about player intros like they had in the first next-gen Madden? Even more Super Bowl excitement in terms of presentation...

Make the broadcast presentation even better...

I think stuff like this is what the creative director will focus on... And IMO it will make the game "pop" a lot more and will give the game more of an excitement factor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: I think the new creative director will influence ATMOPSHERE of game most in Madde

I'd also like to see the camera shake when the crowd noise gets way up there.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I think the new creative director will influence ATMOPSHERE of game most in Madde

I think NCAA 2004 got this right when they put an emphasis on home field advantage and how it effects the gaming experience. If the new creative director can add atmosphere to madden which in turn interacts with gameplay(team chants, more false starts, delay of game penalties, presentation, play by play, etc...) then EA would be on to something.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Heres to hoping!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Banned

Pringles's Arena

it is funny you mentioned audio i just put up a reply in the bug section on madden audio every sports game i bought this year and there is a long list the audio is recorded in 5.1 dolby digital they all have the anouncers talking threw your center channel speaker in madden 2010 you hear them talking im both rear channels at the same time completey wrong and it takes away from what could be

both ps3 and xbox360 can decode dolby digital plus a higher bite rate of sound it is time they take full advantage of what both systems can do we all know the ps3 can decode all the new codecs and the xbox360 can't but i would settle for dolby digital plus. and no it does not make sence to record one better than the other i have seen alot complain because they have ps3 but realistically they could do the dolby digital plus. send your sound bytes to THX make it THX certified and tell them you want it dynamic and descrete sound is just as important as visual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Count me in as another supporter of the way home field advantage used to be handled in the old NCAA games.

I loved having the screen shake and the routes becoming blurry.

The only thing I didn't like about the system was how much it impacted the gameplay so much with guys throwing lots of bad passes or dropping easy catches.

If they simply kept the presentation part of the old home field advantage system, it would be fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Count me in as another supporter of the way home field advantage used to be handled in the old NCAA games.

I loved having the screen shake and the routes becoming blurry.

The only thing I didn't like about the system was how much it impacted the gameplay so much with guys throwing lots of bad passes or dropping easy catches.

If they simply kept the presentation part of the old home field advantage system, it would be fine.
Dead on Weeman!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »