Home

2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line

This is a discussion on 2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2nd And 59 On My Own 1yd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
There is a problem because it happens too often. My TEs are running up the seam uncovered 3-5 times a game. If you have a fast one take it for a huge gain or score.
To me, it's an example of poorly designed plays at least as much as bad AI playcalling (why blitz a 2nd & 59?)

No defense would use this play, unless they were all but certain it was a run, imo. Otherwise, why would they leave someone totally uncovered by design, especially someone who could go for big yards? I could see if there was no one on the HB or something - but not downfield threat like a TE.

Blown coverages are one thing - route combinations/rubs are another, but just not accounting for an eligible receiver in a pass defense?

Either bad play design, or bad understanding of packages - but even a 3-4 base can cover 4 receivers in man even if blitzing all the LBs (2 CB, 2 Ss), so unless they were calling that play against a 4 WR + TE or 5-wide set, the main receivers (WR and TE) should still be covered. The HB/FB being open - I can see that, especially on such a down and distance.

Last edited by KBLover; 01-29-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
To me, it's an example of poorly designed plays at least as much as bad AI playcalling (why blitz a 2nd & 59?)

No defense would use this play, unless they were all but certain it was a run, imo. Otherwise, why would they leave someone totally uncovered by design, especially someone who could go for big yards? I could see if there was no one on the HB or something - but not downfield threat like a TE.

Blown coverages are one thing - route combinations/rubs are another, but just not accounting for an eligible receiver in a pass defense?

Either bad play design, or bad understanding of packages - but even a 3-4 base can cover 4 receivers in man even if blitzing all the LBs (2 CB, 2 Ss), so unless they were calling that play against a 4 WR + TE or 5-wide set, the main receivers (WR and TE) should still be covered. The HB/FB being open - I can see that, especially on such a down and distance.
maybe they were runnin a zone
Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
To me, it's an example of poorly designed plays at least as much as bad AI playcalling (why blitz a 2nd & 59?
It was a great call, he was on his own 1yard line.Get a safety and the ball back.But like everybody been saying it's just bad play design.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
maybe they were runnin a zone

A bad zone - though there's plenty of those too.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #21
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
Ok, so there isnt a problem. They called a bad play, they were beat the end. It can happen in real life, it happens...I play football, I know it happens, so whats the problem?

Dude it doesn't matter if you've played football...obviously you haven't played enough or you'd know that you can't leave any player unaccounted for except the QB...I've played football too...TE...and there wasn't one play that I can remember where I wasn't bumped on the line or a defender wasn't shedding over me at the line either...we all know it happens but it doesn't happen this way...this isn't real life where a defender might get confused with his assignment...they might get beat or picked but for the most part when they call man...it's man...zone...zone...but in this case they didn't even account for the TE at all...which screams bad/broken logic IMO...i don't care that they were blitzing that's not the point...the point is they called a play where a offensive player wasn't accounted for...guaranteed coaches don't do that IRL
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »