Home

Franchise Problem

This is a discussion on Franchise Problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Franchise Problem

Alright so this is what happened. I started a Bengals franchise today and i won the 1st game 31-15. It was fairly easy, except for the 2 min drills. Then when i got back to the 'Main Screen' i accidentally simed the 2nd game (Vs Packers) and i dont like playing a franchise without playing all the games. So i quit and played the denver game over again. I couldn't get a good game, the cpu would blow me out each time. The 1st time i re-played the 1st game it was 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. Then i was like "Screw this" so i restarted. Got the same result (28-3) at the end of the 1st quarter. So i deleted it and made another one..... I played again and lost the game 14-3. but was cheated, first of all i was picked off 4 times. 2 of them were just rediculas bouncing off the goal post and being picked and another being bounced around off 3 players that was picked. The other two were Legit. but i was cheated everytime i did something good, like when i was fixing to get the game 14-10 (was down 14-3) i got a 40 yard pass that dumped off into the flats and i was dived into the touchdown, and i fumbled and it was a touchback. Now im playing Vs the Packers and they're are playing out of they're minds. What the hell is going on, i can't get a fair game without throwing like 5 picks. Anyone know what is up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Franchise Problem

Yeah i hear ya, i get those games too. When i started out in my Browns chise i completely dominated the Steelers in week 6 31-10. However, i got shut out by the Raiders 20-0 and the Chiefs 13-0.

My best advice for you is to just make better reads.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey man, I hear ya the CPU definitely cheats at times. One question I have is what difficulty setting are you playing on? If its All-Madden or even sometimes on All-Pro the computer does alot of cheating and illegitimate gameplay in order to make the game more difficult for you. I would suggest using some custom sliders to get more realistic gameplay and stat results. While this will not completely eliminate cheating or crap gameplay from the computer, it does minimize it to where it occurs less often than the high difficulty settings. Check out the sub-forum on sliders and look for a set that plays on the gamespeed you prefer.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ya I seem to have this problem aswell sometime. Ian says there is no comeback code for the AI. But I do believe the AI has to much of a upper hand when trying to get back in a game. It seems the AI is overdone the comeback stage. Ian needs to find a the code and ton it down some. But other then that the game is good until next year.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ya I seem to have this problem aswell sometime. Ian says there is no comeback code for the AI. But I do believe the AI has to much of a upper hand when trying to get back in a game. It seems the AI is overdone the comeback stage. Ian needs to find a the code and ton it down some. But other then that the game is good until next year.
I agree. Another thing that bothers me is when the CPU runs a no-huddle it can get you for offsides but when you run a no-huddle it takes at least 30 seconds before you can call a play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Wish I had this problem. There's nothing wrong with losing a game....I mean are you just going to keep quitting until you go undefeated?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Trying using a slider set. That should definitely help with the INTs, and realistic stats while you play. I use the NFL Simulation Sliders.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Wish I had this problem. There's nothing wrong with losing a game....I mean are you just going to keep quitting until you go undefeated?
That's really not the problem. I don't like throwing 4 int's in the 1st quarter becuase it makes my stats look awful, i care about my stats. I don't like looking at stats at the end of the season with 88 int's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »