Home

I THINK SOME PPL ARE GOING A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THE DEVS

This is a discussion on I THINK SOME PPL ARE GOING A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THE DEVS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
I THINK SOME PPL ARE GOING A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THE DEVS

i think some ppl here are being a little too hard on ian cummings and co. , i say that because most of the things ppl want in madden i feel like ian realizes and reads the stuff u guys want and i want too, but u have to take things into account. yes madden sucks hard in the new generation but m10 was the bestr iteration. it shows they improve every year but everything ppl want in the game cannot be thrown into the games within the development cycle. realize that these guys have 9 months to work on the game. if u want to blame some1 for maddens short comings blame EA, the publisher. not the developers because i can garntee these devs dont want to release a poor game. but the have deadlines, the have things they have to do to meet those deadlines, that means cutting corners sometimes. i want improvments in our madden games as much as the next guy but u cant h8 on ian or anyone else. hes not superman and isnt gonna totally revamp madden in a year, even 3 years. i honestly want EA to take a 1 year break and revamp madden. but they wont so the devs gotta do it the best they can. llook at the franchise mode. this year it was decent but a vast improvement over any other next gen iteration. it was very very basic. thats wat they have to do every year. set in a basic design for a segment in the game and then add the depth to it next year. all im saying is ppl need to understand the bigger picture here, ian is not going to make madden into wat it should be within a year, i dont think madden will be how it should be next year but sooner or later it will and thats the best we can hope for. these guys have 9 months to work on the game every year i think they are doing their best. thats why i dont bash the devs. and u guys shouldnt either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I THINK SOME PPL ARE GOING A LITTLE TOO HARD ON THE DEVS

Excellent post and I agree. I think MADDEN 10 is a great game, andit does show how this team improves the game every year. The problem is you got so many bitching and complaining about everything. If I were them I wouldn't listen to any of us, keep making games, hell we are all going to buy them any way!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Good point. I think Madden 10 was the first Madden in a while that was an improvement. Yes it is bare bones. My main gripe is simple things they could have done (sim stats post patch 2?). Also certain features being available on the PSP version but not on XBox 360 or PS3, that makes little sense. Anyways, looking forward to another step in the right direction for Madden 11.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Exactly. Ian is the bright light at the end of the tunnel and that light got a lot closer this last year.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Great post and I can't disagree with any of it. The game improved dramatically this year and yes it could be better but they simply don't have time to improve everything in one dev cycle. If EA were to take a year or 2 off to revamp everything the game would be epic but they don't want to lose out on a whole season worth of game sales and I don't blame them in that regard since their objective as a company is to make $$. But you cant really blame Ian and his dev team b/c they can only do so much in the time that EA gives them to make the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

EA/Tiburon, Ian and Co. Keep up the good work guys. Madden 10 is still getting playing time on my PS3. Just stay the track your on, "Everything You See on Sundays".
Old 02-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea I agree the game is a big improvement from years past. Ian and hhis crew does deserve alot of credit. But the only problem around here this past year is that some people went to personal agaist Ian at times. Ian finally got tired of it and said no more. I don't blame him. He works interacting with us and so on. Alll people want to do is attack him on a personal leveal. Complaining is fine. But when it goes beyond that then is where he draws the line. But I am sure madden 11 is going to better then 10 is now.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I disagree. They don't have 9 months to work on this stuff, they've had 20+ years. All the source code from the VERY FIRST madden is available to these dudes from day one. They refuse to USE it. They also refuse to learn from their mistakes when blatant flubs from previous versions that should have been patched show up in the game a year later with another number at the end of the title. I don't give these guys any credit for what they do when the basis of football expression, precedural awareness, and A.I. adaptation (things that should be FIRST on the devs list of priorities when the dev 'cycle' begins) are constantly ignored for, I dunno, better looking grass. Yes, the game LOOKS fantastic, but come on people, we ALL know that this game has flaws that leave scratching your head like "Did these dudes NOT see this in the playtest sessions or are they only getting Madden fanboys to playtest this trash?". I used to really think Madden was the top tier, back when there was something to compare it to. Unfortunately in the years since exclusivity has kicked in I find myself comparing it to older games and find that older games do A LOT of things better than Madden 10 in the way of A.I. adaptation and football expression. I've defended this game, and it's Dev staff long enough. I'm not anymore. They need to do better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »