Home

What about a defensive scheme rating?

This is a discussion on What about a defensive scheme rating? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What about a defensive scheme rating?

I'm really into franchise mode, and I would like to see improvements.
something that i think would make it more interesting would defensive scheme rating.
So you have attribute ratings (speed, tackling, zone coverage...) and then defensive scheme ratings. Just adding that would make other parts of franchise mode more interesting. free agency wouldn't be all about getting the player with highest OVR, progression would go up depending on what scheme the player developed in, there would be "system players" (they would have less value as a FA), you could draft for players that fit your scheme.

There are other thing that would be positively affected by adding this new rating.
what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Wow, i've been trying to think of a way to differentiate between 4-3 defensive ends and 3-4 defensive ends or linebackers, or even DBs that are better in man or zone. Making their rating dependent on the scheme they're playing in sounds like a really cool idea.

This is the best proposition that i've heard yet in regards to this.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: What about a defensive scheme rating?

Cool ideal,I like it.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

This is definitely a suggestion to be considered. Its pretty annoying when teams who use a 3-4 defense sign a guy like Dwight Freeny in FA or something and still use him as a DE. Not very realistic. This might be a good way for CPU teams using certain schemes to sign/draft the proper players and if they don't the players ratings and performance suffer. Good idea.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I suggested this awhile back except for all positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

This would be a good way to tag players and a good way to focus on guys you want instead of just focusing on everyone. For instance, for me, the way I play defense, at OLB/DE I want Tweeners. I want guys that can put their hand in the dirt and stand. That way I can play both 3-4 and 4-3. It would be great if they had some type of ratings for front 7 players that basically tags them and fits them into a particular defense or more than one defense. Secondary it really doesn't matter IMO.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

it seems to me like one of those things that's aren't much but would add a lot.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

All for it. I control all teams in my franchise and went through and adjusted priorities in the coaching settings for 3-4 and 4-3 teams to theoretically go after players who fit. I have no idea if it actually works (first time trying this). This would be a great addition to Madden 11, for all positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »