Home

Something Really cool just happened

This is a discussion on Something Really cool just happened within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Something Really cool just happened

I always sit my injured guys so i've never seen this. That's pretty awesome, though.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

that is pretty cool. I've seen the one where a player with an injury in his lower limbs would limp round and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I loved that. You'd see the QB walk over and give the audible, then the receiver and/or back would step towards the line or come in and signal that he couldn't hear the audible. NCAA Football 05 did that best. Camera would shake like crazy, freshman would get rattled.
Yeah I loved that. It made it have a purpose to start a player with more experience.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

i was playing online and had LT pull a hamstring. He was out for a few series, then returned to the game with no signs of injury. i ran a toss play and coming out of a juke, he pulled up limp with nobody in front of him and limps about 30 yards for the TD.

it was awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I remeber back in the day Madden 05? Keyshawn Johnson went down with an injury, elbow bruistis, but he came back to the game wearing a black pad on his injured elbow. I haven't seen anything like that since.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I was wondering when I'd see this thread pop up. The team told me about a couple of these little easter eggs before the game was out, but I was sworn to secrecy. It's one of those "little touches" that Madden has been needing for a long time, and I hope they've found time to sneak a few more in for '11.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 52

Awesome - glad you found it. A guy stayed late one night and did that and it cracked me up so we kept it in.

I think we might need to work on our tuning of easter eggs though. I think like 20 people have seen this in over 100 million games played.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Hey ian, good seeing you back around here. Can't wait to start getting info on the new game. yeah, these things should be rare but 20 out of 100 million may be too rare. More like 1 out of every 200-300 games seems closer to right. Again it should depend on the QB and how often he gets hurt and how often he gets a concussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Love these little touches; they definitely add a lot to the game.

Count me in as another fan of the old NCAA Football crowd effects. It was just awesome to see the screen shaking and the audibles/hot routes getting messed up because of the crowd noise.

Would love to see something similar put into next year's Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »