Home

Online Madden a joke?

This is a discussion on Online Madden a joke? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Rookie

dacoaz77's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Online Madden a joke?

I recently picked up Madden 10 and have found that trying to find a game online is ridiculous. When I pick the "Play now" function it matches me up with an opponent, but for every one guy who accepts the game there are about 15 to 20 who either just sit there or leave the session. What gives? Am I missing something here? It takes me forever to find an online opponent (and when I do I get the 10 year old kid who goes for it on every 4th down and when he is losing by a field goal, he quits). Madden nation sucks right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Online Madden a joke?

couldnt agree more..then you get the people who just love making their dnf go up for the hell of it. losing by 21 right before half and decide to quit so i can't mercy
Old 02-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

I assume most of the guys who leave the session are only there to get the roster update, myself included.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

dacoaz77's Arena

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one experiencing this issue. Thanks for the feedback. On a side note, I have found that joining a game via the community tab and finding a room with other players is the easier way to go.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

In my opinion, it's very easy to get in a game within a few seconds. Yes, there are times when someone will leave the matchup screen but if you keep trying you are bound to find someone to play with within 2-3 tries. Maybe it's the team you are using?

If you have an online record like 250-39 or if you are using a team like the Eagles I can see how it would be difficult to find a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

That's horrible. So, are you guys atleast getting the win when people quit the improper way?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgamer
That's horrible. So, are you guys atleast getting the win when people quit the improper way?
I could care less what my record is. If a guy is tool, let him quit out. It's not like anyone actually cares what your Madden ranking is. As a rule, guys that care what their ranking are are the most annoying opponents.

Your best bet is to find friends to play with. Get them on your friends list, and play. If you ae going to random pubtards, enjoy the good games, and bail on the tools. There is no reason to suffer through a game. It's supposed to be fun.

This is pretty much what killed Ultimate for me. I love, love, loved what they produced. But then it was set-up so that you had play through games with *******s in order to keep your points. It was only made worse by emphisizing offense in its point structure. So you get the kids going for it on 4th and onsides kicking every time to boost their stats. Ruined the mode.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

dacoaz77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
In my opinion, it's very easy to get in a game within a few seconds. Yes, there are times when someone will leave the matchup screen but if you keep trying you are bound to find someone to play with within 2-3 tries. Maybe it's the team you are using?

If you have an online record like 250-39 or if you are using a team like the Eagles I can see how it would be difficult to find a game.
I thought it might be the team I played with also, which is the Cardinals. I am an Arizonan and have been a fan since 1988 which means I have spent some years playing online with a sub-par team so I am finally enjoying having a competitive team. Are the Cards viewed as a "cheese" team. For the record I deplore "cheese", but put up with most of it because I don't want to wait another 10 to 15 minutes to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »