Home

Has anyone ever had a ****ty season????

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever had a ****ty season???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Has anyone ever had a ****ty season????

I went 8-8 with my fantasy Raiders in their first season, which isn't crap, but it SHOULD have been 5-11.

Some of those games...no idea how I won them.

I think this season with my Tampa fantasy will be horrible. At least my Raider team had AP and a good defense. Tampa...yeah.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Personally, i haven't really though my friend has... back in my single college days, my friend and I played a franchise together, i was green bay and he was detroit.

we got through 6 seasons together and i won the nfc north every year. my friend however really struggled on all-madden (which was interesting b/c although I beat him when we played eachother, our games were always really competitive). his first year he went like 5-11 or 6-10 and then in our 2nd season, I remember he went 1-15. if i remember correctly, he threw 50+ INTs that year w/ Kitna. poor guy. the only reason i remember this is b/c he got the #1 pick in the draft the next year (the 2009 draft) and drafted a qb out of georgia w/ the top pick. sound familiar? (i kid you not about this one).

he finally made the playoffs in the 4th, 5th and 6th years of the playoffs but lost to me every time. I really had fun w it tho. I guess it takes a certain kind of attitude to enjoy madden that way. probably not something some 13 year-old kid would have fun with.

#GoPackGo
Old 02-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Try simming more games than playing.Really adds more to the management side of the game.And if you play ,play on All-Madden.
Dont sign any Fre Agents at all.Even if you need some players to fill spots.
If I need players to fill spots I'll change someone elses position to that need.
That makes it more challenging too.Also slide your stamina and injury sliders up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Personally, i haven't really though my friend has... back in my single college days, my friend and I played a franchise together, i was green bay and he was detroit.

we got through 6 seasons together and i won the nfc north every year. my friend however really struggled on all-madden (which was interesting b/c although I beat him when we played eachother, our games were always really competitive). his first year he went like 5-11 or 6-10 and then in our 2nd season, I remember he went 1-15. if i remember correctly, he threw 50+ INTs that year w/ Kitna. poor guy. the only reason i remember this is b/c he got the #1 pick in the draft the next year (the 2009 draft) and drafted a qb out of georgia w/ the top pick. sound familiar? (i kid you not about this one).

he finally made the playoffs in the 4th, 5th and 6th years of the playoffs but lost to me every time. I really had fun w it tho. I guess it takes a certain kind of attitude to enjoy madden that way. probably not something some 13 year-old kid would have fun with.
I did something like that with my brother. We played in the same division (I was the Cowboys and him the Giants) and we imported an NCAA draft class with created recruits I made with our names. (I made a WR and him a HB) We simmed the first year and then drafted ourselves for the second.

I played on a custom slider set around 15ish in everything and he played on All-Pro since he's not as good at Madden. I started horrible like 2-4 and he started 5-0 but I ended up winning the division by head-to-head tiebreaker.

Funny thing is even though I beat him both times in the regular season including a total blow out in week 17, he beat me in the wildcard playoff round and went on to lose to the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

The next season I went 19-0 and we haven't played again since it wasn't fun winning even though most games were close. I might try some house rules like only use ask madden or no sprinting or something. But at least I think all the games I played helped me improve as a player for when I play my online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »