Home

Defensive Upgrades

This is a discussion on Defensive Upgrades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Defensive Upgrades

I enjoy playing defense alot (i end up playing on it far too often )
However i dont think the options reflect 'what you see on any given sunday'

I think giving players more options and tactics on defense would be a great way to line up with the breakdown shown by commentators and also Expert game film study as per nfl networks segments.

Heres some ideas throw them all into here

1. More stunts, last second formation changes and prowling

Make the defensive line plays much more real. At the moment they only have the De and Dt cross paths to confuse linemen. Stunts where the D-line overload one side. D-line/LB switch positions at last second and also look like in deep cover before running to the line wold be great

2. More diverse playbooks
i see alot of upgrades on offensive playbooks esp in madden 10. But id like to see much more variety. there are little if any plays where the de will go into coverage and also very exotic zone blitzes as done by steelers/eagles etc...

3. More Tactics
I like ability to focus on a player but i think it could be expanded upon. It is difficult to double cover a guy should be made easier or to focus lb attention on inside or outside runs or cbs to focus on run or pass more (think colts cbs vs jets)

What should be added? (does 3-4 NT issue need to be said?)

Get creative guys! Need features ideas not seen before!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Defensive Upgrades

well if i have darrelle revis... i wanna have him man-up on the other teams best receiver alllll day... but maybe my other cornerback isn't good? so i want to play zone on that half of the field to help him out... but i cant have revis in man and the rest of my players in zone...
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

How about different coverage assignments such as CBs shading WRs inside or outside shoulder. Or the ability under the defensive assingments screen in coaching options to automatically double cover a reciever all game. Or being able to do more with coverage audibles than the 4 current options (show blitz, press, back off, and man-up). Here's a novel idea: actually making the highlight player function work! No matter if you play man or zone, highlighting a reciever never makes your defense pay special attention to him. Just a few ideas what do you guys think?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Forgot one: individual coverage where one CB can press his reciever while the other one plays normal or soft coverage on his side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »