Home

FIFA player interaction in Madden?

This is a discussion on FIFA player interaction in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
FIFA player interaction in Madden?

I am sitting on my couch snowed in with a few friends of mine and one of them brought over FIFA 10. I will admit I am not a big soccer fan and do not play FIFA. However, the player interaction and locomotion system is PHENOMENAL.

Players run, cut, jump, stumble, and dive incredibly realistically. The momentum as well as acceleration and deceleration is done in a way it looks completely real. Also, on defense players put hands on the defenseman, their feet get tangled, they "jostle" for the ball. I am amazed at what I am seeing right now.

Ian, Madden desperately needs this put into Madden. Please make all these things happen in Madden 11.

PS: I am also not a fan of baseball and do not play "The Show". I came across this video from gametrailers and it really puts in perspective how behind I think Madden has fallen on the next gen system. What really sticks out to me is how realistic everything flows from the broadcast, to the way players move and react (even when they aren't the pitcher or hitter) and the CROWD (WOW JUST WOW)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/um...b-10-the/61669

I do believe in Ian, and I think they will get it right. I am just hoping it is sooner rather then later....

Last edited by ch46647; 02-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
MVP

Re: FIFA player interaction in Madden?

The Show looks phenomenal. Madden, along with NCAA, has indeed fallen WAY behind other sports. I mean look at how fluid the animations are with FIFA, look at the broadcasting/announcing (not to mention the integration of current news and events in the broadcasts) and atmosphere with NBA 2k10, NHL 10 is just awesome. All of these games have taken GIANT leaps in terms of gameplay, broadcasting, animation, atmosphere, presentation, and announcing. Madden is just sooo old, aged, exhausted graphics and broadcasting, and outdated compared to these games. I just don't think it's coincidence either. All of these games compete with other games to win over their fans, Madden and NCAA do not. Simple as that.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I am sitting on my couch snowed in with a few friends of mine and one of them brought over FIFA 10. I will admit I am not a big soccer fan and do not play FIFA. However, the player interaction and locomotion system is PHENOMENAL.

Players run, cut, jump, stumble, and dive incredibly realistically. The momentum as well as acceleration and deceleration is done in a way it looks completely real. Also, on defense players put hands on the defenseman, their feet get tangled, they "jostle" for the ball. I am amazed at what I am seeing right now.

Ian, Madden desperately needs this put into Madden. Please make all these things happen in Madden 11.

PS: I am also not a fan of baseball and do not play "The Show". I came across this video from gametrailers and it really puts in perspective how behind I think Madden has fallen on the next gen system. What really sticks out to me is how realistic everything flows from the broadcast, to the way players move and react (even when they aren't the pitcher or hitter) and the CROWD (WOW JUST WOW)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/um...b-10-the/61669

I do believe in Ian, and I think they will get it right. I am just hoping it is sooner rather then later....
Very good post. I have FIFA 10 myself and I completely agree with everything you said. One thing that Madden doesn't have is the physics of acceleration. If a player simply holds down the sprint button after trucking over a linebacker, the running back almost automatically hits full speed. In FIFA, if a player stumbles, it takes an extra second for them to regain their footing, accelerate, and hit top speed.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, the sense of momentum in FIFA is phenomenal. I remember Ian talking about Madden and FIFA sharing some code, and that they are trying to implement some of the stuff into Madden.

I don't have the post, but I'm sure I read it a while back.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

FIFA is amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
MVP

Glad to hear some of you agree with me. For all you soccer and baseball fans I am happy you both have excellent games to play. I do play a TON of NHL 10 and the gameplay in that game is great as well, as someone above has stated. It is time for Madden to not only catch up, but surpass these games.

Where is BrianFiFaFan, I literally wrote this post just for him!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I picked up my ps3 almost exclusively for mlb show 08 and it has only gotten better ever since, I think this year will be no different.

I also didn't play or watch any soccer games since way back in the intellivision days but Fifa 10 has me hooked and actually has made me enjoy the real game now as well. It is also without a doubt a must buy for any video sports fan.

I haven't played Madden for the longest time now and may just pick up a used version for the ultimate team mode, but overall it just didn't hook me like thses other two gems.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love FIFA, it's a brilliant game, they've lucked out because they've worked out the right formula for the current systems & just have to tweak it every year from here on in. I can't wait till Madden hits that point, it's on its way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »