Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #65
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

In the second still frame, BIG RED LETTERS says REALISTIC.

Under that a few lines it definitely says Vel Spd Up, which I guess means the throws.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the video.

I enjoyed Madden NFL 10, but I do agree that the animations and such need to be much more fluent and natural looking (especially in the passing and blocking game).

Hopefully the team can take a big step and make Madden NFL 11 truly authentic - which is really hard to do in sports games.

Last edited by Nadal; 02-08-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #67
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Im calling it now. Hammond is out. Check the vid during Ronnie Morales Audio designer. At the 1:30 mark "Hammond" is written on the board, but it has lines through as if he is crossed out.

Maybe a hint, maybe nothing but see it for yourself.

Also the name Cris is above Hammond, but not crossed out,

My fingers are crossed for Al Michaels!!!
I don't think Hammond would even be on anyone's whiteboard if he were eliminated. That's more like he's finished some task related to Hammond's audio but has yet to do Cris'.

I think John Taylor's whiteboard can be visible if you catch it at the right moment. I can't seem to do so.

There's something on John Taylor's dev kit screen... it looks like it says Madden, then something unintelligible, then "online"... not sure if that means anything.

Donny's board speculates on who should maybe be 99 overalls (Allen, Johnson, Manning, and Asomugha are listed... I must disagree on all but Manning there). Also speculates 99 speed guys (Johnson, Jackson, Hester).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #68
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
In the second still frame, BIG RED LETTERS says REALISTIC.
After that line it says A.I. in parentheses.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Credit on this one is all mine.
Great job on the pic. Looks like crowd chants will be in.

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. For the most part, it seems they are heading for a full on sim game. It's just that part with that Turmell guy bothered me.

I understand wanting to draw in more players and make Madden "more accessible" but the way you do that isn't as hard as they think it is. All they have to do is have in game tutorials on how to play the game. Simple as that. No need to dumb down the game or anything like that to make it "more accessible". Just teach the player.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Madden 11. Thankfully I have a solid online franchise to carry me through the wait.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #70
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
After that line it says A.I. in parentheses.
Isn't that Turmell's board, too?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Credit on this one is all mine.

It looks like they are talking about crowd specific chants...at the top it says, Go Pack Go, and Fly Eagles Fly, etc.. So maybe those will be in the game after all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #72
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Great job on the pic. Looks like crowd chants will be in.

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. For the most part, it seems they are heading for a full on sim game. It's just that part with that Turmell guy bothered me.

I understand wanting to draw in more players and make Madden "more accessible" but the way you do that isn't as hard as they think it is. All they have to do is have in game tutorials on how to play the game. Simple as that. No need to dumb down the game or anything like that to make it "more accessible". Just teach the player.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Madden 11. Thankfully I have a solid online franchise to carry me through the wait.
I think, assuming there is a Community Day, that will be when we get a read on Turmell. A few guys from OS will probably be invited, and they'll get a read on him. I'm a lot less nervous than I was when his arrival was first announced.

First off, I don't think his impact on M11 will be particularly great anyways... so if he does go on to destroy everything, hopefully M11 will be a 2k5 level great football game that can last us 5 years or so:P

But seriously, I am seeing no change in tone from the team itself, Ian in particular, and yes, I've exchanged missives on this very subject as I expressed my own concern about the guy.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »