Home

Dynasty advice

This is a discussion on Dynasty advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13
Dynasty advice

Finally got my NCAA season finished so I'd have a draft to import. Getting ready to start my Madden Dynasty.

Would invite tips and hints for making it as enjoyable as possible while minimizing the time it'll take to get through the season. I like doing all the little things, but only if they're going to have impact on the team's progress. I don't get to play a whole lot, so I don't care to waste a lot of time.

I don't think I'll use sliders right away as I'm not great at the game and generally can't find any to fit. Plus, as the Lions, will already be handicapped.

Is there any reason to play preseason games?

Does scouting do anything for draft prep?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dynasty advice

Don't spend alot of time scouting. Just sort it by potential, get a quick look at the top potential players, and remember their names come daft time. Alot of those top potential players can be had in the later rounds (4-7)

You will have time to scout all the players in the actual draft, by looking at their skills graph.

When you do draft a gem in the late rounds, and you are sure of it, instead of giving that player the regular 4 year rookie deal, give him a 7 year deal. That way instead of being forced to give that player a mega deal 4 years down the road you have an extra 3 years with a small contract. That could mean an extra free agent or 2.

My only other advice is to stay away from giving players their 3rd contract. What I mean is say you draft a franchise DE. He gets his rookie deal, then when that expires he gets his 2nd deal around the age of 27, then his 2nd deal will expire usually around 31-32. Do not give him that 3rd contract, especially if he wants a mega deal. He will decline and he will eat your cap space. You must learn to let players go.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Stylez gave you some good advice. I would like to add that the pre-loaded drafts are way better then the NCAA drafts. I have always been one that uses the NCAA classes but this year is not the best work. I always trade away my first round pick due to the late round gems.
I like to scout my players. Those graphs help but I like hard numbers. The scouting don't take that long since you can pick your 18-24 players, depending on the team, before the first game of the season and be done. I would make a list of all the high potential players since you can't see potential during the draft. This will help make sure you get the most out of your draft.
I would say just sim the pre-season games. This is what I do. The season is long enough with out the pre-season.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

Okay, so "potential" will be revealed in scouting and is the most-important part of the process?

Seriously about the NCAA import? That's my favorite feature of the danged games! I like seeing the college guys come into the league and seeing them on opposing teams. You know? "Hey, they got him?" It's corny, but I fall for stuff like that.

But if it's that bad...do the players just not end up being good enough? Too good? How does it work poorly?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

Oh, and, by the way, thanks for the input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepetal
But if it's that bad...do the players just not end up being good enough? Too good? How does it work poorly?
It's just very inconsistent. Players rated 95 and above in NCAA come into Madden anywhere from 55-85, with potential ranging from D-A. Just very hard to have a predictable draft where your #1 QB in college is a first round draft pick.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I personally dont think the NCAA imports are bad. I just switch from year to year to make sure I get everyone implemented. First year=NCAA import, second year=premade draft class and back n forth like that.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

My 2010 DC always have too many FB rated really high.
I don't see too many gem in the late rounds but they're there to find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »