Home

Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

This is a discussion on Will every completed pass still require a tackle... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #41
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
You have the current system you have now, AND you can make adjustments to the ball by leading the pass with any QB. I dont see anyone asking "Why even use NFL players then"
Yeah, but there are various degrees of leading passes. Lead with Peyton Manning, and the pass will still be in an area where the receiver can make a play. Lead the pass with most backup QB's, and it'll be overthrown (and overthrown by too much in most cases).

Quote:
If yall want random bad passes, it should be in the offline games, not the player vs player games....but thats my opinion.
And truthfully, this is the bottom line and validates my earlier point. When playing online, the objective is to WIN. When playing the AI, though you want to win, many offliners are content with losing a few games. It helps keep the game balanced. Those are my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i agree with Tomb as far as the point of better leading effectiveness. leading a wr will mean the accuracy and throwing power along with the long, medium, and short ratings would mean more. like if i play with mcnabb he should be able to launch that ball anywhere he want deep and medium in the game. but if he throws short passes shoud be high not overthrown or pass behind reciever . someone like manning ,brees or brady should be able to make all the pass with accuracy. that real nfl.

you will hear that alot this time of year with the combine coming soon. what qbs can make all the throws and can't . pennington he can throw medium and short all day ,but his deep passes are all over the place . in madden 10 he really can't throw deep , but it needs to be more effective. i should be able to throw over reciever shoulder toward sidelines on streaks or underthrow pass which would make the reciever make a play on the ball(topic for a whole new thread)
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I just looked at something last night that might explain the reason why Flacco is soo bad in Online Franchise but is pretty good in updated rosters. When I looked at the ratings in Online Franchise I saw a Throw Accuracy Rating + the Short, Med, Deep, On the Run ect. But on the current rosters, I didn't see a Throw Accuracy rating all I saw was Short, Med, Deep. I think in Online Franchise that Throw Accuracy is screwing up the short, Med and deep.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I just looked at something last night that might explain the reason why Flacco is soo bad in Online Franchise but is pretty good in updated rosters. When I looked at the ratings in Online Franchise I saw a Throw Accuracy Rating + the Short, Med, Deep, On the Run ect. But on the current rosters, I didn't see a Throw Accuracy rating all I saw was Short, Med, Deep. I think in Online Franchise that Throw Accuracy is screwing up the short, Med and deep.
I pointed that out on the second page of the thread. You might think it is too low, but the game is producing the correct results based on the ratings.

But you never did give his completion %'s and passer rating in your online franchise. That's the only way to tell ifthe game is being hampered.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 19

I mentioned this subject last yr too when Ian was extreamly active and i could never get a response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
You have the current system you have now, AND you can make adjustments to the ball by leading the pass with any QB. I dont see anyone asking "Why even use NFL players then"

So why cant you lead the ball with a players thats innately less accurate ? You would now have to lead the ball to help this kind of QB make what should be a simple pass. That does not mean he can all of a sudden still throw accurate 50+ yards passes because his arm strength or whatever other weakness he has will not allow such throws. It does not mean he can all of a sudden be Montana because the user can make some adjustments to the pass. In 2k8 the QB does not throw random bad passes, they throw off passes period. You already know the guy aint gonna throw to the best spot for the WR to get the ball. Some throw slower than others, Which is something you have to account for when calling plays and picking WR's for your team. A bad QB and scrub WR's in 2K8 equals a WEAK offense, all without having to rely on a random bad pass.

If yall want random bad passes, it should be in the offline games, not the player vs player games....but thats my opinion.
I really don't understand what you are talking about. At first it sounds like you are talking about there never being bad passes, and then you are talking about certain players not being able to throw passes, and then you are talking about user error creating bad passes.

In every football game every made, you push a button and the ball is thrown to the WR. Without a mini game in the middle, how is there user error. Madden is based off percentages.

Perhaps, the modification would make sense. There are no bad passes, unless the QB is not set or under pressure. The not set system is already set in place, but there needs to be a pressure system. If my QB is surrounded by defenders, he should throw a less accurate pass. The degree of this would be based on his ratings.

Personally, I would like for them to bring back QB vision. Then, user error is more likely to occur and ratings for QBs still matter.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnate
I really don't understand what you are talking about. At first it sounds like you are talking about there never being bad passes, and then you are talking about certain players not being able to throw passes, and then you are talking about user error creating bad passes.

In every football game every made, you push a button and the ball is thrown to the WR. Without a mini game in the middle, how is there user error. Madden is based off percentages.

Perhaps, the modification would make sense. There are no bad passes, unless the QB is not set or under pressure. The not set system is already set in place, but there needs to be a pressure system. If my QB is surrounded by defenders, he should throw a less accurate pass. The degree of this would be based on his ratings.

Personally, I would like for them to bring back QB vision. Then, user error is more likely to occur and ratings for QBs still matter.
In 2K8 you could pick many of the generic QB's and they all had varying degrees of "scrubness" Some could throw on the run with a degree of accuracy, some could not. I think 1 could throw with defenders in his face, most of them could not. There was one I loved to play with who had a decent deep pass. With The Legend Unitas I could throw a pass to a WR running a crossing pattern and knew I could throw that pass to the WR in the space between when he crossed the ROLB face and the MLB. With a generic QB, he would lead the WR too much and that pass would most of the time get picked or batted down, UNLESS I had a WR that was a route god...and even then the route god would get blown up because of the bad pass.

When you played with a QB in 2K8 you had better understand what type Qb you had or you would be in trouble. There were routes you were gonna have problems making completions to because of your QB's skill set. You knew once you played with a QB for a while that his passes would either be short or off or he had a long wind up, or his balls took a little longer to get to the WR, or he would throw wild passes when pressure was in his face.

It was innate. It was not random bad passes. In 2K8 you KNEW why your QB could not throw. It was not because of some random event. In Madden its a crap shoot. You can have your feet set, no pressure, and just throw a pass WAY over the WRs head and it happens too often.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
The last African Cup of Nations

In the just ended African Cup of Nations the Pharoahs of Egypt proved their worth to the world as a whole. The made the Africans realise the error of not letting them qualifié for the World cup competition. Bravo les Egyptians. You're the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »