Home

Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

This is a discussion on Will every completed pass still require a tackle... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

...in Madden 11?

YAC yards are highly problematic in the Madden series. It contributes to inflated stats, points and first downs.

Just about every single catch in Madden will end up with a player that requires to be taken down. In real life this is hardly the case.

QB's aren't as dead on accurate and receivers are sometimes forced to stretch out, reach, crouch, etc to make a catch but it doesn't leave them in a position to go anywhere but DOWN to the ground where they are touched down.

Can this be implemented into Madden 11? I can't see why not but it's seemingly a change that could help resolve a wide variety of issues people have with the game.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
...in Madden 11?

YAC yards are highly problematic in the Madden series. It contributes to inflated stats, points and first downs.

Just about every single catch in Madden will end up with a player that requires to be taken down. In real life this is hardly the case.

QB's aren't as dead on accurate and receivers are sometimes forced to stretch out, reach, crouch, etc to make a catch but it doesn't leave them in a position to go anywhere but DOWN to the ground where they are touched down.

Can this be implemented into Madden 11? I can't see why not but it's seemingly a change that could help resolve a wide variety of issues people have with the game.

Thoughts?
For offline, I was able to reduce the amount of YAC w/ some slider adjustments.

Now online is different, its tuned for more fun and big plays are supposed to make it fun.
Now maybe they could add slider adjustments to online franchise for M11.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Excellent point! Just another thing the Madden team can implement to make for a much more realistic football experience.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I think they just need qbs to be much less pinpoint accurate, even great qbs, and they need more animations where players end up on the ground. 2K8 has a ton of animations where there is very limited opportunity for yards after the catch either because the player goes down or is atleast stumbling after the catch which really helps with inflated numbers. Also, in madden it is sometimes to easy for a player even moving the wrong way to get turned around and get going back upfield to make YAC. I think this could really be helpful in making a more realistic game as usually in real life plays where you really rack up a lot of YAC are kinda rare but in madden they are the norm.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

get rid of that dumb shoestring tackle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like this but it would probably just result in the good teams being abused more than anything.
Texas Longhorns!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'm on the other side of the fence with the accuracy issue. Check out this pass from my online franchise. Watch Clayton beat the jam and make his way across the field and watch this dumb a$$ pass. The thing is Flacco does it EVERY game in my online franchise. I will have guys wide open and he will always and I mean always overthrow them. To me, that's stupid. I can understand once or twice, but if you can't make that pass to a wide open guy and there is no pressure, what are you doing in the nfl? Anyways, here it is,

Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
get rid of that dumb shoestring tackle
This is the biggest problem with YAC right now.

Shoestring tackles occur in way too many instances where they shouldn't, and every time they do happen, it's an extra 4-5 yards for the ball carrier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »