Home

Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

This is a discussion on Importing draft logic for Madden 11. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #33
MVP
 
mburke2's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,175
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Yes, actually it does. Speed is speed is speed. There are tangible physical attributes. It's the intangibles that make a player good/great in this league. A great example is Manny Lawson of the 49ers. A 6'6" linebacker who is also the fastest in the league, or now the second fastest after two leg injuries and having Patrick Willis entering the league. He has all the physical tools to be a dominating player in the NFL, but he doesn't have the intangibles. The Madden versions of awareness, play recognition, man/zone coverage, and tackling. He was always and has continued to be a great physical specimen, but he has never really put it together. Now, he is still a good LB because of these skills and is a 77-80 OVR in Madden, but hardly the elite guy he 49ers were hoping he would be when they drafted him in the first round along with Vernon Davis.

I could give example after example of strong arm QBs like J. Russell or fast backs like Reggie Bush who all have/had explosive physical traits but have failedto be elite NFL athletes for one reason or another.

To have a College player with 97 Throwing power come import into Madden with below 95 or so THP is a joke. A running back with 97 Speed comming in at under 95 or so speed is a joke.

The way Madden used to import Draft classes on last generation was done a lot better regarding their ratings. Physical ratings often stayed the same, some times went down by a few minor points or even up a point or two to show continued physical growth. What the game did was lower the intangible ratings of players. In this generation's terms, that would be Man an Zone coverage, route running, play recognition, awareness, ball carrier vision, etc.
I disagree with you on this in a way. Because ratings are relative, NCAA players who are the fastest college players are also playing against an overall slower group of competition. I go back to my previous example of a 99 SPD CB in college. He's playing against generally slower WRs than NFL receivers. His NCAA 99 speed may be reduced to even a 92 or a 93 because overall NFL players are faster and the basis for comparison is different. Do you think that the fastest player in college football automatically becomes the fastest NFL player as soon as he enters the league? I'm not saying its not possible, but its certainly not as automatic as you think.
mburke2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #34
Pro
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2009
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I disagree with you on this in a way. Because ratings are relative, NCAA players who are the fastest college players are also playing against an overall slower group of competition. I go back to my previous example of a 99 SPD CB in college. He's playing against generally slower WRs than NFL receivers. His NCAA 99 speed may be reduced to even a 92 or a 93 because overall NFL players are faster and the basis for comparison is different. Do you think that the fastest player in college football automatically becomes the fastest NFL player as soon as he enters the league? I'm not saying its not possible, but its certainly not as automatic as you think.
this doesn't make sense. trindon holliday, brandon banks, these guys ran fast 40s and were some of the fastest guys in college. they get into the league and are still fast, but are rated in the 60's or worse. but they're still fast in the game and they should be. if a guy is fast, he's fast. it has nothing to do with competition. other attributes like man coverage, zone coverage, tackling etc. should come in lower due to competition maybe, but those are stats that can progress. throw power, speed, acceleration - the traits that can't progress - show remain mostly the same from ncaa.
__________________
"I hope that someday we will be able to put way our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." Jack Handy
Meast21Forever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #35
MVP
 
mburke2's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,175
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
this doesn't make sense. trindon holliday, brandon banks, these guys ran fast 40s and were some of the fastest guys in college. they get into the league and are still fast, but are rated in the 60's or worse. but they're still fast in the game and they should be. if a guy is fast, he's fast. it has nothing to do with competition. other attributes like man coverage, zone coverage, tackling etc. should come in lower due to competition maybe, but those are stats that can progress. throw power, speed, acceleration - the traits that can't progress - show remain mostly the same from ncaa.
What are you talking about? Ratings are all absolutely relative to all the other players! 99 means highest. If an NCAA player runs a 4.35 for example and is the fastest college player, he's getting a 99 speed rating in the NCAA game. Once he moves to NFL, 4.35 isn't necessarily the fastest so a 99 is unwarranted. You get what I mean by in relation to everyone else? I understand what your saying if the ratings translate to being waayy off. It makes sense that they shouldn't be, they should be close. Maybe we're splitting hairs here but I think that your point is that physical attribute ratings should translate exactly game to game. My point is that it should prbly remain fairly close but it shouldn't necessarily be exact. Just because a kid is the fastest college player doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the fastest NFL player the second he gets drafted.
mburke2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #36
Banned
 
tlc12576's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
What are you talking about? Ratings are all absolutely relative to all the other players! 99 means highest. If an NCAA player runs a 4.35 for example and is the fastest college player, he's getting a 99 speed rating in the NCAA game. Once he moves to NFL, 4.35 isn't necessarily the fastest so a 99 is unwarranted. You get what I mean by in relation to everyone else? I understand what your saying if the ratings translate to being waayy off. It makes sense that they shouldn't be, they should be close. Maybe we're splitting hairs here but I think that your point is that physical attribute ratings should translate exactly game to game. My point is that it should prbly remain fairly close but it shouldn't necessarily be exact. Just because a kid is the fastest college player doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the fastest NFL player the second he gets drafted.
What he and alot of others, including me, are saying is Speed should NOT be represented in either game as a percentage. For example, a guy that runs a 4.35 40 should have a set speed rating like 90, not be a 99 because he is the fastest guy in the game. That way Speed and certain other ratings like strength, jump, etc, could be carried over from each game. A 4.35 40 in NCAA and Madden should be the same Speed rating.
tlc12576 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #37
MVP
 
sniperhare's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
What he and alot of others, including me, are saying is Speed should NOT be represented in either game as a percentage. For example, a guy that runs a 4.35 40 should have a set speed rating like 90, not be a 99 because he is the fastest guy in the game. That way Speed and certain other ratings like strength, jump, etc, could be carried over from each game. A 4.35 40 in NCAA and Madden should be the same Speed rating.
This.

Physical ratings should be the same, if that means that the fastest player in NCAA is a 94 then so be it. The two dev teams need to get together and set benchmarks so they can have a balanced game. Or let us edit players and draft classes like the NBA 2K series. I don't hear of many people making broken teams (and if they want to who cares) they want to make a game more realistic.
sniperhare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #38
MVP
 
mburke2's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,175
Re: Importing draft logic for Madden 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
What he and alot of others, including me, are saying is Speed should NOT be represented in either game as a percentage. For example, a guy that runs a 4.35 40 should have a set speed rating like 90, not be a 99 because he is the fastest guy in the game. That way Speed and certain other ratings like strength, jump, etc, could be carried over from each game. A 4.35 40 in NCAA and Madden should be the same Speed rating.
Ok thanks that makes more sense. I understand what you mean and I actually completely agree that that is how it should be. Setting benchmark ratings for quantifiable attributes would definitely help to make the games more "compatible" when transferring draft classes.
mburke2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Top -