Home

I was afraid this would happen.

This is a discussion on I was afraid this would happen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: I was afraid this would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007

This what they had in Madden 07 i believe. sorry if it takes up a lot of room
Man are you serious? That is sweet. That **** actually was in a football title? Did it actually work? If so, I'm straight to the spot to grab that. Only thing is, I dont know if I can downgrade and play with those old graphics and no pro tak or gang tackling, damn cant win for losin, lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Gameplay triumphs over all. those last Gen football games haven't been beat yet
Old 02-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man are you serious? That is sweet. That **** actually was in a football title? Did it actually work? If so, I'm straight to the spot to grab that. Only thing is, I dont know if I can downgrade and play with those old graphics and no pro tak or gang tackling, damn cant win for losin, lol.
Yeah, it worked. I logged so many hours on Madden 07 I can't even fathom it. I loved Madden 06-07 franchise mode. It was so amazing.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
\
Some things like fan favorite and starter roles were interfering with what you actually wanted, but morale also played a small role in the franchise. If those same roles were applied this year, another example, Desean Jackson would be a deep threat and a 1st round draft pick. But after so many years, he would lose those roles and get things like NFL icon, fan favorite, or starter.
Jackson was a 2nd round pick. Taken after the likes of Devin Thomas, Donnie Avery, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Eddie Royal, and the great Jerome Simpson.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Yeah, it worked. I logged so many hours on Madden 07 I can't even fathom it. I loved Madden 06-07 franchise mode. It was so amazing.
Cool. What about NCAA 2007, was it just as good in dynasty mode? No gang tackling in either title correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #22
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

game needs more icons for types of players and for them to play and act differently besides qbs having diff throwing motions add trojectory and speed and that we would notice the differences.
running backs all need there own sig moves same with wr having there own catch animations unique to them.
i already mentioned it before but adaptive cpu playbooks would be cool were they adjust to there own injuries and who they are about to play teams play books change from week to week depending on who they are going to play and who is injured.

would it make sence for the cpu logic to try and throw 40 times if there star qb is hurt ? like manning but having to throw in lets say joey harrington would you honestly throw that many times no you would change your playbook untill you got your star player back.

i also think we should have a clipboard were we can script like 20 plays from all the other formations so that we dont have to go threw them all. and instead of having the play horizontal and blocking the tons of cutscenes make them vertical and on the ends of our screen that way they do not block the animations.

espn power pole and for 1-12 teams to play like 1-12 and for 12-1 teams to play like 12-1 as it is every team plays the same. it is very anti clamatic to play a 12-1 team beat there brains in then loose to a 1-12 team. by having teams play to there records you will start to get excited when you look at your schedule knowing you will have to play your best to beat them down the road making franchise more exciting to play.

human error needs to be put in the game as well how can this be put into a game ? well you could have players slip fall throw in the random to many players on the field penalty and a way to tone down your mistakes maybe the ref didn't start the clock and blows a wistle to correct it or the ref says it is 3rd down not 2nd.

i would also like to be able to edit uniforms god knows they never get the colors right of my lions. the powder looking uniforms have got to go time for deep rich looking colors like all pro 2k8 had.

multiple ref crews with each crew having its own tendacies on how often and the types of fouls they call.

some kind of weekly preperation system.

the trade logic needs to be 2 years worth of draft picks rather than 1 and any time during the season they do trade updates that include draft picks the franchise that recieved the picks should show up if we choose to pick that team in franchise mode.

replays need to show the whole play and the ball needs to rotate like a real throw i do not know how many times i have watched replay and throw a 20 yard route only to see the ball have 2 revolutions but if i was to just watch the game and the cpu controlled team did the same play you see the ball spin right

the challenge system needs to be fixed the chain gang animation for getting a first down and not getting a first down need to be shot from same side so that there is suspense on whether you got it or not.

you should be able to get fired in mid season not just at the end

progression needs to be done during the season not at the begining of a season
if i am rating 69 qb and i take a team to the super bowl throw for 4 thousand yards do you really think my rating is 69. when you have your players ratings go up and down that effects teams overall ratings then you have greater seperation during the course of a season the A B C thing should effect how many points you can go up when progression happens along with calculating stats.

your coaching staff should effect greatly on what players will go up if i hire mike martz my offensive skill players should benefit greatly.

injuries should drop players ratings dramatically if they are playable
and make them prone to more injuries as well as fumble

the qbs should fumble or muff snaps or trip and fall random.

Last edited by Pringles; 02-13-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:39 AM   #23
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I would disagree, I think it's all in the game play where the replay VALUE is. Obviously, if you get a good presentation that adds to it but what it comes down to is how realistic the games are. I'd really love to see the Chemisty from MUT added into franchise mode and expanded. I hate how Madden has so much potential but it just seems like EA does the bare minimum to get it sold
Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
Jackson was a 2nd round pick. Taken after the likes of Devin Thomas, Donnie Avery, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Eddie Royal, and the great Jerome Simpson.
yea i noticed it after i put it...got caught up the example and watchin the mike vick project

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »